Can I have someone to come to hook up my DSL or I need a land line phone

Can I have someone to come to hook up my DSL  or I need a land line phone

Message 1 of 3 (840 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Can I have someone to come to hook up my DSL or I need a land line phone

If U-verse is available in your area then you will get that since AT&T is trying to phase out DSL.  You do not need a land line to get DSL or U-verse.  Yes you can choose a tech install or a self install as long as you don't add TV to the order.  TV requires a tech visit.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (840 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Can I have someone to come to hook up my DSL or I need a land line phone

Hello rhollimon, if you recently ordered U-verse Internet as a self installation and had trouble installing it we can definitely send you a technician. A land line phone will not be required to install your services but it will require the cables to be present to deliver service to your  residential gateway. Since there may be fees associated with the dispatch of a technician I will send you a private message with the dispatch details.

Installation Instructions:

NVG510 Installation

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (840 Views)