For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
Ok11223's profile

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

Monday, February 24th, 2014 4:46 AM

Can I have U-verse internet and DSL internet?

Hi

Can I have AT&T U-Verse internet and DSL internet at the same address?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

349 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Ok11223,

No, it is not possible to have both AT&T U-Verse Internet and DSL Internet at the same address, nor is it possible to have multiple U-verse or DSL accounts at a single address.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

349 Messages

10 years ago

@Ok11223 wrote:

@my thoughts wrote:
No, cannot have two residential accounts at same address.

Yes, providing DSL is available at address, AND registered as a small business account.
This may result in lower speeds and higher costs than Uverse residential internet.
Additional issue is a small business account automatically renews contract every year.
Have very small (2-4 week) window at time of renewal to cancel without an early termination fee.

To my knowledge Uverse residential ETF is $180, for small business believe to be $450.
(Would need to very details before signing up.)

How do I switch from Residential to Small business account?

For max plus, will I pay $56 a month for 18mbps or more because its a small business account?

As stated above, you may find that only lower speed tiers at a higher cost are available. Pricing starts at $45 (Go here for more information.)

Once I'm a small business account owner, can I switch back to residential at any time?

As stated above, you will be bound to a 1 year, auto-renewing contract. You'll have to cancel within a 2-4 week window at the time of renewal to avoid an ETF.

I have a residential gateway so will I be able to trade it in for a gateway for small business?

You will be required to have purchased or lease an appropriate gateway for your set-up. This will depend on the tiers available and what you sign up for. For residential U-Verse you will keep your existing gateway.  

If all planned accordingly, we will have two uverse accounts at the same address. 1 residential and 1 small business. 

@my thoughtshas answered some of your questions previously. 

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:
No, cannot have two residential accounts at same address.

Yes, providing DSL is available at address, AND registered as a small business account.
This may result in lower speeds and higher costs than Uverse residential internet.
Additional issue is a small business account automatically renews contract every year.
Have very small (2-4 week) window at time of renewal to cancel without an early termination fee.

To my knowledge Uverse residential ETF is $180, for small business believe to be $450.
(Would need to very details before signing up.)

How do I switch from Residential to Small business account?

For max plus, will I pay $56 a month for 18mbps or more because its a small business account?

Once I'm a small business account owner, can I switch back to residential at any time?

I have a residential gateway so will I be able to trade it in for a gateway for small business? 

If all planned accordingly, we will have two uverse accounts at the same address. 1 residential and 1 small business. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.