Helpful Links

Can I have U-verse internet and DSL internet?

Highlighted
Teacher

Can I have U-verse internet and DSL internet?

Hi

Can I have AT&T U-Verse internet and DSL internet at the same address?

Message 1 of 5

Re: Can I have U-verse internet and DSL internet?

Hello Ok11223,

No, it is not possible to have both AT&T U-Verse Internet and DSL Internet at the same address, nor is it possible to have multiple U-verse or DSL accounts at a single address.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Employee

No, cannot have two residential accounts at same address.

Yes, providing DSL is available at address, AND registered as a small business account.
This may result in lower speeds and higher costs than Uverse residential internet.
Additional issue is a small business account automatically renews contract every year.
Have very small (2-4 week) window at time of renewal to cancel without an early termination fee.

To my knowledge Uverse residential ETF is $180, for small business believe to be $450.
(Would need to very details before signing up.)
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Teacher

my thoughts wrote:

Yes, providing DSL is available at address, AND registered as a small business account.
This may result in lower speeds and higher costs than Uverse residential internet.
Additional issue is a small business account automatically renews contract every year.
Have very small (2-4 week) window at time of renewal to cancel without an early termination fee.

To my knowledge Uverse residential ETF is $180, for small business believe to be $450.

How do I switch from Residential to Small business account?

For max plus, will I pay $56 a month for 18mbps or more because its a small business account?

Once I'm a small business account owner, can I switch back to residential at any time?

I have a residential gateway so will I be able to trade it in for a gateway for small business? 

If all planned accordingly, we will have two uverse accounts at the same address. 1 residential and 1 small business. 

Message 4 of 5

Ok11223 wrote:

my thoughts wrote:

How do I switch from Residential to Small business account?

For max plus, will I pay $56 a month for 18mbps or more because its a small business account?

As stated above, you may find that only lower speed tiers at a higher cost are available. Pricing starts at $45 (Go here for more information.)

Once I'm a small business account owner, can I switch back to residential at any time?

As stated above, you will be bound to a 1 year, auto-renewing contract. You'll have to cancel within a 2-4 week window at the time of renewal to avoid an ETF.

I have a residential gateway so will I be able to trade it in for a gateway for small business?

You will be required to have purchased or lease an appropriate gateway for your set-up. This will depend on the tiers available and what you sign up for. For residential U-Verse you will keep your existing gateway.  

If all planned accordingly, we will have two uverse accounts at the same address. 1 residential and 1 small business. 

@my thoughtshas answered some of your questions previously. 

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support