Need help connecting your router?
TNLandlord's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 9th, 2017 4:56 PM

AT&T Installer Drilled through the outside wall of my house without my permission, what do I do?

I am the landlord of a rental house where AT&T is currently installed.  The most recent tenant decided to continue the AT&T service but the installer decided to install a new box on the side of my house instead of using the existing box at the back of the house.  I have spoken with the supervisor of the installers (I belive his name was Eddie) and he explained that the new boxes would not fit in the same location as the old boxes.  I informed him that the old box can be removed and the new box installed in the same area, even though it will take up a little more space.  Further, when the new box was installed, the installer drilled through asbestos siding, which was not approved by me, the owner.  I have had conversations with Eddie and he has assured me that they will remove the new box currently installed on the side of the house and relocate it to the original box location,but it has been two weeks and nothing has happened to date.  I am also wondering who will be responsible for the repair of the vinyl siding that was damaged when they drilled through the siding (and the asbestos shingles) to install the new box - (without my permission).

I have searched for contact information directly with AT&T but as yet have not found any method to contact them other than this forum.  Hopefully, someone at AT&T reads these posts and can provide some resolution to this issue?

The house where the service is installed is located at:

Thanks

Ty *****

email address [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @TNLandlord,

We’re sorry for your inconvenience.  We’ll be happy to help with getting a technician to move the box.  We’ll need more details regarding your account and just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back.

For the repair to the side of the house, a claim will need to be filed with our claims Administrator, Sedgwick.  This article will assist you in getting that started.

Thanks.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I too am a landlord, and the moronic AT&T installers WITHOUT my permission drilled through my laminate floors three times - two right next to each other.  We wont even mention the walls.  Absolute ridiculous... 

Glen [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

See this topic about how to file a damage claim.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.