For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
ad8bc's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 15th, 2019 8:03 PM

AT&T Fiber Equipment Connections

I'm a current happy Uverse customer that is thinking of upgrading to fiber.  I have a few questions:

1) Will I be able to keep my Uverse TV?  I don't want a satellite dish.

2) All of my networking equipment is in a closet on the far end of the house from the demarc.  All of my personal networking is done through a router, and all of my Uverse TV boxes are homerun to the closet as well and connect directly to the gateway.  I have one Cat 5 cable pulled between the closet and the demarc for the current copper Uverse connection to my gateway.  What will be installed at the demarc point (we have a garage on the other side that can house any needed equipment) and will my Uverse set top boxes require home runs to the fiber equipment or will there still be a gateway in my closet?  Should I pull another run or two of Cat 5 to the demarc?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

5 years ago

Your entire setup should stay the same except  for the copper drop to the gateway. A fiber line would run from outside the house to an ONT in your network closet. The ONT connects to the gateway via cat5e. Everything after the gateway will stay the same. No satellite dish. You can keep U-verse tv if you wish to. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

A power surge in our area required that our U-Verse cables be replaced. One neighbor, a real pain, forced the AT&T Cable Burial guy to bury the cable connecting his U-Verse by laying the cable in our neighbor's yard and so as to not disturb his property. That next door neighbor is very angry about this being forced upon her and I sympathize with her. How does she get this corrected/changed?

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

If your neighbor knows for sure that the line is outside of any utility easement, she can complain to local code enforcement, the BBB and perhaps the FCC. Of course, she can also try complaining to At&t.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.