For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
dtyus7711's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 17th, 2016 5:32 PM

$200 reward card disqualified?

I had my service installed on 3/15/16. I got the mail I think on the 28th and when I went to claim it it says disqualified on 4/01/16.... yet goes on to show on 4/15/16 that the 30 day agreement has been met. I do not understand how we were disqualified? Not expired. .. disqualified. We paid the bill and everything, even though I wanted to use the reward card for said bill. So I'm not understanding how I'm disqualified? It doesnt say why or how or anything. What do I need to do about this?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@dtyus7711   Did you get a contract/discount?  If so, that may be why it was disqualified, the $200 would be for users that pay regular price. 

Your discounts over 12 months probably ($17/mo $204) add up to $200 or over.  Would have been spelled out in terms of the deal online. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

To add to what Chris said, if you made any change to your order after the initial order, that may have changed the terms.  Especially if you called in by telephone to change an online order you would have lost any online-only benefits.

If you are sure none of this applies to you, you can contact the rewards center at the number on their contact page at https://rewardcenter.att.com/contactus.aspx and ask them why you are no longer qualified.  If they cannot answer that question, ask them to put you on a conference call with Customer Support for them to answer the question.  If they refuse to do that, come back here and send a Private Message to ATTCustomerCare and reply here to let us know how it's going for you.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

Actually demanding a Supervisor at the Reward Center to see what's going on will work better than any conversation w/the phone CS.  Back in 2008, when CS was still good, I had a 3 way hookup w/CS and Reward Center rep when my $200 check reward was cancelled more than 20 times by ATT.

It was absolutely useless.  Calling back Reward Center, got a little mad at the rep say she could do nothing, I requested a supervisor.  On hold for about 5 mins later (calmed down by then) and explained.  First thing she said "there's something wrong here".  She pulled out her folder of the deals and found mine (had kept the deal website saved too), u200 and Internet.  She said she's gonna check on this and will get back to me in a week, yeah right.

Sure enough, a week later I got a call from ATT, the check should've gone out the day b4, but was going out that day.  Got it 2 days later on 9-11-08. Smiley Surprised

Chris

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:

Just based on your description, you would have been disqualified on 4/01 as did not yet have service for 30 days.... Can only redeem after the 30 day period (meaning now cancel is a $180 ETF)...

That is not true.  You may redeem prior to the 30 days, i.e. being at the 30 day mark alone does not cause you to show as disqualified.  They just won't send you the card until you've completed the 30 days.  I just went through this process, i.e. I redeemed as soon as I got the mailer which was 10 days prior to my 30 days.  I recieved the card about a week after my 30 days.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@my thoughts   That's what I posted in my 1st post that if getting the discount promo, no $200 reward. 😉

Edit:  This is where they get you:

Offers may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice and may not be combined with other promotional offers on the same services.

Chris

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

we were promised two 200 dollar cards for switching our cell service. We still haven't seen it but at&t was quick to get a full bill out after only having the services two weeks. I was also told I would get one for my internet. We did as the email instructed now it says disqualified. We have not changed anything. If we don't get what was promised we're canceling the service. Those cards were to pay off old bills for switching over. 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.