Need help with your equipment?
BorisU's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 9:21 PM

wireless network went down

I've had U-verse since the upgrade and until now both wired and wireless has been working just fine. Today it worked perfectly in the morning, I left for a few hours and when I got back the wireless network isn't working.

So I thought it was just a simple hickup in the portal so I went to reset it only to find that the gateway and gateway configuration have conflicting information. The phisical gateway's "wireless" light is off and the network is off while the software configuration says the status is on. 

At first I thought it was a problem with my wireless pc, nope, it detects a dozen networks in the neighborhood except mine. I tried reseting the wireless settings (no affect), I tried unplugging the gateway for a few minutes which usually solves most problems and nothing. I changed the wireless channel and set my pc to connect to the network directly and no affect. The network is down while the gateway thinks that its up.

The wired portion of it works just fine...its just the wireless portion that isn't. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I wonder if that RG is 13 months, just out of warranty, like mine which seems to shut off Wireless from half past midnight to next afternoon 1:45 pm everyday...started this issue immediately after they changed my service level and doubled my bill, awfully convenient!

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

@A-T-T-Stinks wrote:

I wonder if that RG is 13 months, just out of warranty, like mine which seems to shut off Wireless from half past midnight to next afternoon 1:45 pm everyday...started this issue immediately after they changed my service level and doubled my bill, awfully convenient!

You're saying that your wireless doesn't work, but wired works normally during this time?  Have you considered you may be getting intereference from neighboring wireless networks, baby monitors, phones, etc.?

You might want to look at this link:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/How-to-Minimize-Wireless-Interference/m-p/2303003

And if the only thing wrong with your gateway is the wireless, for heaven's sake don't buy a new one from AT&T for $100.  Buy a consumer grade wireless router or access point for far less than $100 and hook it up behind the RG.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Hello A-T-T-Stinks,

It seems like you are having wireless interference issues like JefferMC suggested. I can help you test your service and change the wireless channel on your gateway to optimize your wireless connectivity. I have sent you a private message to coordinate additional troubleshooting.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.