Need help with your equipment?
User2525143's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 2:27 PM

Closed

why is att using 2wire i38hg?

Is this needed because I am in the extended range for uverse, or is it more likely a cheaper version of the old 2wire that you could log on and change to bridge mode?  I am thinking about going back to old 2wire2701 and dsl.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

13 years ago

I believe that is the only model that will do channel bonding, so if you are in the extended range then that's what you get if you want uverse...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

It's actually called 'pair bonding', bonding 2 pairs of phone cables to give Uverse service for those over about 2500' from the VRAD.  The i38HG is the indoor unit connected to the RG in the iNid mounted elsewhere, generally not avilable to users. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

What is channel bonding. I was told I was far away from something. Does that mean I have "extended use". How do I know if this is the case?

• 

4.4K Messages

12 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.