Need help with your equipment?
randySD's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 14th, 2013 9:37 PM

new wifi problem

I've had the same setup for several years now without an issue, until recently.  I wanted to listen to some music last week on my Sonos player and noticed my iPhone could not see it.  (Note the Sonos player can still be controlled via a computer hard-wired to the router using Sonos control software)  Also, iDevices can no longer see the DVR (remote control via the U-verse app).  I didn't have time to troubleshoot it until this weekend where I spent some time rebooting the router and the devices connected to it...

All wifi devices (2 iPhones, 1 mini iPad, 2 laptops) are connected to the internet just fine, but do not see other devices on the local home network. When I connected a spare access point to my router, wifi devices can see home network devices (Sonos, DVRs etc) as they previously did.  It's not limited to iDevices, a netbook and laptop on wifi are exhibting the same problem and I cannot see other computers on the local network.

In Summary.  It seems like overnight all my wifi devices connected to the router are being limited to access the Internet only and do not see other devices on my local home network.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Someone else posted about the same issue and I believe their solution was to reset the AT&T router (RG) to factory settings and all started working again.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

randySD - Sounds like the problem started when you added the "spare access point". Did you try it without it?
You want to reboot/reconnect starting with the RG & working back to the rest of the devices.
You want to make sure you have the correct settings on the new device - including not distributing IP addresses (DHCP). Only the RG should do that.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

that did the trick, thanks for you help

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

thanks for the response, but I ended resetting to factory defaults which solved the issue I was having.  I connected a spare access point as a troubleshooting step to rule out any problems with the wifi on my devices.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.