Need help with your equipment?
zfam's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 18th, 2011 10:17 PM

internet dropping out after guests using our network

Our internet is now suddenly dropping out every few minutes or so when I use my MacBook Air. It's happening at least every five minutes because that's how often my laptop checks for mail, and it's now always offline after only one check.

I got the laptop at Christmas and connection was fine since then. Then we had family visit this weekend--along with their iPhone, iPad, PC laptop. They all connected to our network, and suddenly the connection is dropping out--even though they and their devices are no longer here.

I'm not sure it's a problem with our larger mac, but it's also happening on my son's mac laptop.

After doing an online search, it seems that others have had this problem after having visitors use their network. But all of those posts link to a help article that is no longer accessible. From those posts, it looks like it may have something to do with the channel we're using on our gateway, but I'm not sure.

I'd appreciate any help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I'm also having this problem recently.  Just had Uverse installed on Friday and everything was going great.  But by Sunday my iPad and PS3 started dropping intermittently from the network.  They recover within 30 seconds usually, but that's enough to downtime to kill any sustained connection needs (like streaming Netflix through the PS3).  Rebooting everything has helped marginally, but i'm still seeing some of the same problems and my devices asked for a re-entry of the password after reboot.  Frustrating... I hope it is just a firmware update issue and as a result resolves itself 'magically' when they get a fix in place.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.