For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Chreno's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, December 4th, 2015 11:27 PM

iPad stopped connecting

I have been using my iPad on my home Wi-Fi network -- all of a sudden it will not connect (join)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

126 Messages

8 years ago

Forget Preferred Network and Reconnect

1. Tap on Settings and go to Wi-Fi.

2. Click the arrow beside of your wireless network name and hit Forget Network.

3. Turn Wifi off and back on.

4. Select the network name and key in your wireless password (if there's any), Join.

Let me know how it goes.

Marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution" will help other people find solutions faster.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Yes - this seems to have corrected the problem -- thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried connecting several times on my Ipad using the password directly from the modem and keep getting incorrect password messages. tried the forget network solution and then tried reconnecting and still get the incorrect password message.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried connecting several times on my iPad using the password from modem and always get incorrect password messages. I need help .

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

Might try using Google DNS in your devices. Many devices find they can connect using Google DNS. It bypasses Uverse RG DNS.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Step by step instructions. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried this and it did not work. My iPad says it's connected, but the IP address that appears for the network is not my router's IP address, and I have no internet connection. I've done this and reset the modem,and reset the network settings on my iPad without any results. The iPad connected perfectly to my network since I joined Uverse in January, until a little over a week ago. Laptop and cell phone connect to wireless just fine. I connected my iPad to wireless at my son's house today without any problem, so it is not the iPad! Help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I recently had my Uverse Internet upgraded to 5268AC modem and had a similar problem with my IPad mini2. I read somewhere that Apple is confused with 2 radio frequencies (2.4Ghz & 5 Ghz) with both using the same SSID. My thanks to Dustin Miller, AT&T tech, for his help.

Here's what I did.

1. In the Wi-Fi Configuration, from Home tab, click Wi-Fi link (- modify security or setting).

2. In the 2.4GHZ Wi-Fi Radio Configuration Section scroll up to User Network and look for the the Network Name(SSID). Rename it to something else, perhaps just add 24 to the current name.

3. Now go to Advanced Setting (for 2.4GHz) and change the Wi-Fi mode to 802.11b/g. By default this is set to 802.11n/b/g.

4. Lastly, click the Save button. It's just before the System Label Diagram. Enter your access code if prompted.

5. Scroll back up and wait for the successful status.

6. Try reconnecting your IPad using the new SSID.

Hope this help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried it twice.  I am still  not connected. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

It keeps saying that it's secured by WPA2. Not sure what that is ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.