Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 19, 2013
6:39:33 PM
espn3 It worked for me last year, this year it says I'm not authorized

Last year I watched an FSU game on my desktop on ESPN3.  Tonight I tried to watch the Clemson game on ESPN3 from the same computer with the same internet connection (U-verse) and it is telling me I'm not authorized.

I tried from my ipad also through the watch ESPN app and same result.  I usually use the ipad through wi-fi but I also have 3G access through AT&T.  Does anyone know how I can get ESPN3 to work?  or why I no longer have access?

I'm a serious enough FSU fan to consider changing providors if it will get me the game on Saturday

Last year I watched an FSU game on my desktop on ESPN3.  Tonight I tried to watch the Clemson game on ESPN3 from the same computer with the same internet connection (U-verse) and it is telling me I'm not authorized.

I tried from my ipad also through the watch ESPN app and same result.  I usually use the ipad through wi-fi but I also have 3G access through AT&T.  Does anyone know how I can get ESPN3 to work?  or why I no longer have access?

I'm a serious enough FSU fan to consider changing providors if it will get me the game on Saturday

Accepted Solution

espn3 It worked for me last year, this year it says I'm not authorized

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 7:08:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
rossmitch - I believe the ESPN rules are that your provider ID must be for TV service. If you do not have U-verse TV, do you have a different TV provider??
rossmitch - I believe the ESPN rules are that your provider ID must be for TV service. If you do not have U-verse TV, do you have a different TV provider??
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: espn3 It worked for me last year, this year it says I'm not authorized

2 of 8 (2,560 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 7:52:02 PM
(0)
Employee
If have tv service need to be u200 or above for ESPN, ufamily not supported to my knowledge.
If have tv service need to be u200 or above for ESPN, ufamily not supported to my knowledge.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 8 (2,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 4:56:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

No.  I do not have U-verse TV, only internet.  According to ESPN, having U-verse internet service is enough for me to get ESPN3 to stream on my computer but it wasn't working.

During last night's Clemson game I tried clearing the cache & different browsers and everything, never got to see the game.  But, for some strange reason I WAS able to get the Spain soccer game to come on but only using firefox.

So now it is a REAL mystery as to why I was "unauthorized" to watch a football game on ESPN3 but a soccer game worked.

Fingers crossed that the FSU game on Saturday will magically work.

No.  I do not have U-verse TV, only internet.  According to ESPN, having U-verse internet service is enough for me to get ESPN3 to stream on my computer but it wasn't working.

During last night's Clemson game I tried clearing the cache & different browsers and everything, never got to see the game.  But, for some strange reason I WAS able to get the Spain soccer game to come on but only using firefox.

So now it is a REAL mystery as to why I was "unauthorized" to watch a football game on ESPN3 but a soccer game worked.

Fingers crossed that the FSU game on Saturday will magically work.

4 of 8 (2,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 5:10:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
rossmitch -
I think that many providers, including U-verse (e.g.yverse.com) and ESPN are causing confusion by presenting a full library of viewing options, but restricting what you can watch based on obscure rules. They may be compounding the situation by not actually applying the rules correctly 100% of the time.

Here is the FAQ listing for ESPN - http://espn.go.com/watchespn/faq#rec10
rossmitch -
I think that many providers, including U-verse (e.g.yverse.com) and ESPN are causing confusion by presenting a full library of viewing options, but restricting what you can watch based on obscure rules. They may be compounding the situation by not actually applying the rules correctly 100% of the time.

Here is the FAQ listing for ESPN - http://espn.go.com/watchespn/faq#rec10
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (2,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 20, 2013 5:46:14 AM
(0)
Employee
If reading FAQs properly, since August 5, 2013 espn3 is only available on watchESPN which requires a video (TV) subscription from an approved provider, uverse is approved but you will need to sign up for tv package of u200 or above
If reading FAQs properly, since August 5, 2013 espn3 is only available on watchESPN which requires a video (TV) subscription from an approved provider, uverse is approved but you will need to sign up for tv package of u200 or above
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 8 (2,509 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 6:44:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

Fantastic! So you are telling me that my bill has increased over last year AND my services have decreased. Perfect.  Just what I was looking for from my service provider! 

(this was sarcasm.  just in case you hadn't picked up on that)

Fantastic! So you are telling me that my bill has increased over last year AND my services have decreased. Perfect.  Just what I was looking for from my service provider! 

7 of 8 (2,440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 8:54:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

rossmitch wrote:

I would take that up with ESPN.  "WatchESPN requires a video subscription from an affiliated provider" is their statement, not AT&T's.

rossmitch wrote:

I would take that up with ESPN.  "WatchESPN requires a video subscription from an affiliated provider" is their statement, not AT&T's.

8 of 8 (1,948 Views)