Need help with your equipment?
rossmitch's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, September 20th, 2013 1:39 AM

espn3 It worked for me last year, this year it says I'm not authorized

Last year I watched an FSU game on my desktop on ESPN3.  Tonight I tried to watch the Clemson game on ESPN3 from the same computer with the same internet connection (U-verse) and it is telling me I'm not authorized.

I tried from my ipad also through the watch ESPN app and same result.  I usually use the ipad through wi-fi but I also have 3G access through AT&T.  Does anyone know how I can get ESPN3 to work?  or why I no longer have access?

I'm a serious enough FSU fan to consider changing providors if it will get me the game on Saturday

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

rossmitch - I believe the ESPN rules are that your provider ID must be for TV service. If you do not have U-verse TV, do you have a different TV provider??

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

No.  I do not have U-verse TV, only internet.  According to ESPN, having U-verse internet service is enough for me to get ESPN3 to stream on my computer but it wasn't working.

During last night's Clemson game I tried clearing the cache & different browsers and everything, never got to see the game.  But, for some strange reason I WAS able to get the Spain soccer game to come on but only using firefox.

So now it is a REAL mystery as to why I was "unauthorized" to watch a football game on ESPN3 but a soccer game worked.

Fingers crossed that the FSU game on Saturday will magically work.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

rossmitch -
I think that many providers, including U-verse (e.g.yverse.com) and ESPN are causing confusion by presenting a full library of viewing options, but restricting what you can watch based on obscure rules. They may be compounding the situation by not actually applying the rules correctly 100% of the time.

Here is the FAQ listing for ESPN - http://espn.go.com/watchespn/faq#rec10

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Fantastic! So you are telling me that my bill has increased over last year AND my services have decreased. Perfect.  Just what I was looking for from my service provider! 

(this was sarcasm.  just in case you hadn't picked up on that)

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@rossmitch wrote:

Fantastic! So you are telling me that my bill has increased over last year AND my services have decreased. Perfect.  Just what I was looking for from my service provider! 

(this was sarcasm.  just in case you hadn't picked up on that)

I would take that up with ESPN.  "WatchESPN requires a video subscription from an affiliated provider" is their statement, not AT&T's.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.