Need help with your equipment?
kenbenson's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 3:01 PM

chromebook access

i just got a new CHROMEBOOK and i need help getting on line. any help from anyone?

[edited for privacy]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

426 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Ken,

I have checked the specifications for the different Chromebook models and none of them seem to have mobile connectivity. The only way to connect your device to the internet is through wireless. We do have a device that would give you that capability to connect anywhere called a hotspot, use the following link to check out some of our devices:

https://www.att.com/global-search/search.jsp?App_ID=HOME&autoSuggest=FALSE&tabPressed=FALSE&q=hotspot#!/Shop/Wireless/Wireless phones & devices/

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

JustinF

Former Moderator

• 

426 Messages

11 years ago

Hi,

Do you have a router? If you do you should be able to find the network name and password attached to the side, unless you set this up yourself. Please let me know if you need guidance on how to set it up.

Thank you,

JustinF

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Justin, thank you for your response. at one location I have a router and finally figured out how to get it going.
But I thought I could use this unit to get online from anywhere? Does the unit have its own number that I could use to get online from anywhere? I need instructions on wifi, just how it works... Ken

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

thank you, i've got a lot more reading to do. ken

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I connect our chrome books to my mobile hotspot or my fiancé’s mobile hotspot..... I was wondering if AT&T can add my chrome book to my account like they do with tablets?? Anyone know?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.