Explore & discover

Helpful Links

cant connect to 192.168.1.254

Contributor

cant connect to 192.168.1.254

When i try to connect to 192.168.1.254 it wont let me reach the site it says the site has been reset when trying to get to the site... i tried a hard reset but that didnt seem to work...
Message 1 of 20
Professor

Re: cant connect to 192.168.1.254

@Hayden99

192.168.1.254 is the IP address for the AT&T provided router/gateway. You are using a we browser to connect, correct? Please do not use Microsoft Edge but either Safari, Firefox, or Chrome. To connect to the router/gateway you should be connected to its WiFi or one of its Ethernet ports.

Advise

i am connected to the router and using firefox but still not workingScreenshot_12.png

Message 3 of 20
ACE - Expert

Two potential issues:

1) If your PC does not obtain its IP address by DHCP, and the IP address it has is not in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (or is  .254), then that could cause this issue.  You can use IPCONFIG in a CMD window to see what IP address the LAN adapter has.  You can try IPCONFIG /RELEASE followed by IPCONFIG /RENEW if configured for DHCP but for some reason it hasn't set up in the proper range).

2) If someone reconfigured the default address for the Gateway, that could cause this issue.  You can return the Gateway to its factory settings by unplugging the Gateway from power, holding in the button on the back, and plugging it back in, and releasing the button after 10 or so seconds.  Give it a few minutes after this and, assuming your PC uses DHCP to obtain an IP address, it should work.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 20
Contributor

I cannot access my default gateway, 192.168.1.254 . I was already able to access it before. I have almost always used google chrome but now it doesn't work. It says my firewall was blocking it, so i white-listed google chrome on my firewall and Kasperskey. I tried to ping and it said Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), so i know that it is working properly. I know that it hasn't changed because the default gateway is still listed as 192.168.1.254 in the ipconfig command. Please help. 

Message 5 of 20
ACE - Expert

You may have something else interfering with your access, such as a malware proxy service.  Do you have another computer you can try to connect to it with?  A smartphone?  Or have you tried just unplugging your Gateway and plugging it back in?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 20
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I have tried on several browsers on two different computers. One PC and one Mac. I'm getting a "Forbidden" error message. (I've used it successfully before, as well.) 

Message 7 of 20
ACE - Expert

Can you provide a screen shot of your browser with the URL and the 403 error message?

Message 8 of 20
Tutor

Hello, 

I am getting the same error as Hayden99, I am using Chrome and have tried on three devices, one ethernet connected PC, one WiFi connected Laptop, and my Wifi connected smartphone. the error is the site can not be reached, the connection was reset but ipconfig shows gateway IP is the correct 192.168.1.254.  I logged into it about 2 months ago from my PC just fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Message 9 of 20
ACE - Expert

@Twisted83 wrote:

Hello, 

I am getting the same error as Hayden99,...

I asked Hayden99 for a screenshot and never got it.  Can you provide one?

Message 10 of 20
Tutor

Yes I have attached one. 

Ip issue.PNG

Message 11 of 20
ACE - Expert

Thanks!

What is your device's IP address (IPCONFIG in CMD window)?

Can you successfully ping it (PING 192.168.1.254 in CMD window)?

Do you have a secondary router in your configuration?  If so, how is your network configured?

Message 12 of 20
Tutor

It is 192.168.1.254, I can ping it and get 4 sent 4 received  0 lost max time 1ms, with an average of 0ms. 

I do not have any other routers just the one. 

Thanks, 

Message 13 of 20
ACE - Expert

Unplug the router and plug it back in.  That sometimes fixes this issue.

Message 14 of 20
Tutor

Thank you. That seemed to work.

Message 15 of 20
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support