Need help with your equipment?
migran2021's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, July 25th, 2016 8:04 PM

can i request for faster speeds in my area?

I need faster speeds for gaming and the plan i have is the .75 mbps which is so slow but they also offer me 1.5 mbps but, that won't make a big difference. I have a friend which lives  0.8 of a mile and he gets 6 mbps wt* att. There is no VRAD box i see, but there is a little gray box that says bell telecommuncations. I see every home has that idk what they are but i need higher speeds for games like GS:GO and other games. Also im less than .5 of a mile from a school and they get way faster internet than i do. plz help me and where my friend lives their neighborhood was bulit arround 1960s and forward mine at arround 1980s

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@migran2021   You're about 4600' from 6M Internet and 1.5M looks about right the max you'll get.

Schools get faster hookups many times w/direct high speed lines sent to them under USF funding and other things. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

is their any way att could install a IRAD or VRAD closer to me? Att told me to wait and i waited 2 years since 2014 and nothing is this the highest they will ever offer me?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@migran2021   ATT has provided only 40-45% of ATT users w/UverseTV and internet (45-3M) on VDSL2, 30-35% users w/ ADSL2+ internet (18M-768K) for those beyond VDSL2 range and 20-25% of users will get no DSL of any kind.

ATT has plans to shut down the old ADSL system, already started this year.

ATT is using ATT wireless 4G LTE to provide internet services for those w/no wireline service available.

http://www.att.com/cellphones/att/wireless-home-phone-and-internet.html#sku=sku7130587

DirecTV is in the mix now too as part of ATT.

Wireline expansion is pretty much kaput. Only thing being installed is Gigapower, on new fiber optic cable, in very select neighborhoods already getting Uverse wireline TV service and in MDUs systemwide. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

so im on ADSL2+ right? so am i suppose to get 18 mbps

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm in a similar situation. I've heard from the foreign tech support that the max for my area is 1.5 but the local installers who ran the new pair and installed my service said I could potentially get 3-6 Mbps. Inside the modem/router the broadband tab shows a max attainable ADSL2 speed hovering around 8Mbps. I keep being told to wait. I am in the corner of a service area with fiber all around but from other providers. Any help?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

well i guess im stuck with 764kb

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am in zip code 39094 and the technician told me that I am only 5500 feet from the main hub. Currently, I am only getting 1.5mpbs speeds and when he told me to call AT&T to get them to override the plan for at least 6mbps they had no idea what I was talking about. Is there any way to get ahold of someone that could help me. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been having internet issues for so long that I am also in the same situation as everyone in my forum, I have tried to talk to foreign as well an AT&T provider and all that they have told me is to wait that they cannot do anything for 90222 area code. The issue is that as the time goes by I am becoming more dependent on the WiFi. I have also tried to connect everything with the Ethernet cable and I still have the same issue. That AT&T told me is that the best that they can do is offer me a 1.5 Mbps, and that I just have to wait BUT FOR HOW LONG.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.