Need to update email settings?
Jose_2's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 19th, 2010 3:29 AM

Closed

bellsouth.net email set-up on outlook through uverse internet

Anybody know how to properly set-up existing bellsouth email sending through outlook when connected to a uverse account.  Per AT&T tech support servier 25 has been unlocked yet we are still not able to send out emails through outlook.  Recieving emails through outlook not an issue and we can send and receive emails through the att.net site.  HELP PLEASE!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

for months I was unable to SEND emails on my windows live mail... it was very frustrating... I contact at&t numerous times and was always told this is not an at&t issue but a microsoft issue... I was offered to be sent to a support line that charges by the minute to assist me... I always declined... I then was only able to use my webmail which was not satisfying...

then last weekend I got an email stating that there was a fix and I needed to go thru an automated system to correct the settings to be able to send email... the email said I needed to do this by december 11th...

I did it and it worked wonderfully!

then on december 11th?

my windows live email for my bellsouth account now won't RECEIVE emails!

VERY FRUSTRATED! I haven't called because I know they're going to tell me that it's not their issue and it's a microsoft issue but would I like to pay $$$ to talk to an assist line!

very unacceptable!

PLEASE can anyone help???

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

See if this helps:

Follow the instructions below to set up Windows Live Mail for your AT&T email account.

1. Windows Live Mail is part of the Windows Live Essentials suite of programs which can be downloaded. Click Start > All Programs > Windows Live > Windows Live Mail.
  2. Select Add e-mail account. If you are using Windows Live Mail for the first time, it will automatically pop open the Add e-mail account window. Add email account
  3. In the Email address field, enter your full AT&T email address including the domain.
  4. In the Password field, enter the password associated with your AT&T email address.
  5. Select the checkbox beside Remember password.
  6. In the Display Name field, enter your name the way that you want it to appear to other people when you send an email.
  7. Select the checkbox beside Manually configure server settings for this e-mail account.
  8. Click Next.Next in the lower right corner
  9. From the My incoming mail server is a___ drop-down menu, select POP3.
  10. In the Incoming server field, enter inbound.att.net
  11. Select the checkbox beside This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
  12. In the Port field to the right of Incoming server, type 995
  13. From the Log on using drop-down menu, select Clear text authentication.
  14. In the Login ID field, enter your full AT&T email address. This field will default to only the first part of your email address. You must type in the full address, including the domain e.g., test@att.net.
  15. In the Outgoing server field, enter outbound.att.net
  16. Select the checkbox beside This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
  17. In the Port field to the right of Outgoing server, type 465
  18. Select the checkbox beside My outgoing server requires authentication.
  19. Click Next. Next button
  20. If you intend to use this as your primary email account select the checkbox beside Set this account as the default mail account.
  21. Click Finish. Finish in the lower right corner

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

These settings are spot on for the iphone but they would not work until I signed on through a regular computer to initiate it first

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have used the exact setting specified and still cannot connect to the server.  How ever, it says the test message was sent ok.  I'm confused.

Steve

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

@stevetierney wrote:

I have used the exact setting specified and still cannot connect to the server.  How ever, it says the test message was sent ok.  I'm confused.

Steve

Try signing in to the web mail interface using your credentials, then try connecting using your client again.

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry, but this hasn't worked for me.  I have been a Bellsouth customer for over 27 years.  Even when we changed to U-verse, everything was working fine with Outlook 2010.

Then, about 1 1/2 months ago, I would get bounced messages back from random contacts stating that "none of your email accounts was able to send this message to ()".  The only workaround was to go on the web-based email for AT&T/Yahoo and send it that way.  And, the problem isn't consistent!  I can send to a person one day and then the next day it will fail.  I contacted AT&T support and they claim it's an outlook 2010 problem.  I love when they pass the buck!!!!

I have tried your settings, the recommended settings on AT&T's website (inbound.att.net and outbound.att.net) etc. etc., and it makes no difference.

I'm running Windows 7 professional on a laptop and desktop PC, and Windows 8.1 on another laptop.  They ALL have the same issue.

Does anyone have a solution?  The frustrating part is that it's completely random.  I have no viruses or spyware (have the latest edition of Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus/Internet) and have disabled the Windows firewall so that there are no conflicts with that firewall and the Home Portal (2-Wire - another piece of junk) firewall because I've seen problems when people have multiple firewalls set up.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

MIACLOCKMAN

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

@miaclockman wrote:

Sorry, but this hasn't worked for me.  I have been a Bellsouth customer for over 27 years.  Even when we changed to U-verse, everything was working fine with Outlook 2010.

Scrolling back up through this thread, I found at least three examples of something that could match what you meant by the pronoun "this."  Could you be more explicit about what you tried?

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

I apologize for that!  I didn't read the entire thread.  I was responding to the original post at the beginning of the thread.  I thought when I "relplied" under that posting that it would be linked as such.

I have tried to change my incoming and outgoing servers to att.yahoo.com, incoming.bellsouth.net, with the different port numbers and SSL checks.  It is a random problem and has just started in the last 2 months.  I am able to send an email to someone that I've known for decades one day, and then the next time I send an email, it will bounce back with: your email to () - it doesn't even give an address - was undeliverable from any of your email accounts.

It is very frustrating.  Someone mentioned in the thread that you have to "register" your email with AT&T, but I tried to click on the link and was taken to a Yahoo page with no instructions as such.

I guess that I'll give Connectech a call as I pay for the service and tired of getting responses from AT&T that it's a Microsoft problem.

Thank you anyway.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

If you're already paying for ConnectTech, then that's worth a try.

One thing that I've seen several times is that you periodically have to log in through the web interface (perchance to encounter and answer a capcha) so that it believes that a real human being has interest in the e-mail account and allow you to use the client software for some as-yet-undetermined period of time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.