Need to update email settings?
Jose_2's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 19th, 2010 3:29 AM

Closed

bellsouth.net email set-up on outlook through uverse internet

Anybody know how to properly set-up existing bellsouth email sending through outlook when connected to a uverse account.  Per AT&T tech support servier 25 has been unlocked yet we are still not able to send out emails through outlook.  Recieving emails through outlook not an issue and we can send and receive emails through the att.net site.  HELP PLEASE!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Chris:

Thanks very much for your post!  In my case, the incoming server configuration didn't have to be changed but I configured the outgoing server per your instructions and everything is now working.   The AT&T "Connect Support" group wanted $29 to provide an answer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Hi I tried all your settings for outlook , and all the settings check out  until it tries to send test email. It fails every time. It can import my emails from my uverse email account. But I still cannot send any email via outlook. I would like to say forget it but unfortunately I cannot.

I paid the 29 dollars for connect tech and after THREE HOURS , I am still no hold with no support tech.

I would appreciate any help you can  give me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

how did you solve the problem?  This webcite is not much better, because no one is telling how they solved the problem.  Would you please with me how to correct the problem? I would appreciate it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I followed all of the steps from the att site,   http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568#fbid=HAia6OxuTCA 

here is an example:

Email Program Settings Field:Enter:
Incoming (POP)inbound.att.net 
Outgoing server (SMTP)

outbound.att.net

(requires authentication)

Incoming mail server:POP3
Incoming/Outgoing
User Name:
Full AT&T email address, including domain
(e.g., test@att.net, test@bellsouth.net)
Incoming mail port #:995, secure connection (SSL) checked
Outgoing mail port #:465, secure connection (SSL) checked

Important: While verifying your settings, make sure you entered your email address and password correctly.

• In your email client (i.e., Outlook(R) Express, Outlook(R), etc.), look to see if you have any messages in your Outbox folder. If so, remove those messages and try to send a new message.

I could send at test successfully, but emails were still sitting in my outbox and I would get a send error message.  If I deleted my email account and set it up again, I could send one email, but the rest would remain in my outbox.

I went to my firewall and opened up the port 465 (only port 110 was opened for mail servers) it was not difficult to do.  Now my email for both bellsouth accounts work perfectly. 

I hope this helps someone else.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Oh my goodness, I cannot thank you enough for the information below.  Contacted ATT and they were very patient, but were quick to inform me that they cannot support Microsoft products.  It is bad that they leave you stranded as a new U-Verse customer not being able to send emails.  The instructions provided by mibrnsurg are "spot on".  Just remember to select -under Internet E-mail Settings>Outgoing Server tab - make sure to check that your outgoing server requires authentication.  That is an important step - glad I was savy and smart enough to surf the web for a solution.  Thanks mibrnsurg for great information.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

i need your help. i did all you said to do and it said this when i click send/recieve : Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

The settings above are correct but unfortunately for some this is not enough. If the setting above alone do not work one must make sure that in the advanced settings tab under your account settings that you select "SSL" for "use the following type of encrypted connection". I spent hours on the phone with AT&T to try and resolve this same issue only to be turned away because as it was said it was a Microsoft issue and not an ATT issue. I would strongly suggest that ATT update their support clients with this knowledge as it may save them some customers. Luckily I was able to resolve or I would have been one of them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Is anybody else still having problems making this work. I have all the setting like below but it wont send an email. It receives them but wont send them. I spent an hour on the phone with support and they couldn't get it to work. I even tried with a different outlook account on a different computer and same result.

Email Program Settings Field: Enter:
Incoming (POP) inbound.att.net
Outgoing server (SMTP)
outbound.att.net

(requires authentication)

Incoming mail server: POP3
Incoming/Outgoing
User Name: Full AT&T email address, including domain
(e.g., test@att.net, test@bellsouth.net)
Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked
Outgoing mail port #: 465, secure connection (SSL) checked

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Storageking , did you get this figured out? We have a great team of managers who may be able to help. Send us a private message here. Include your full name, account number, contact information and best time you can be reached. We'll do what we can! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having the same problem as Storageking I can receive in outlook but cannot send.

I have a bellsouth email and have outlook 2010 and this problem came out of the blue a few days ago

I also spend a lot of time with technical support and I can send emails from my ipad

Can anyone help?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.