For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
forkliftguy's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, May 7th, 2016 9:43 PM

arris nvg589 has red light at ethernet cable plug when plug netgear gs108v4 8 port switch in

at&t uverse installed arris nvg589 gatewat and netgear gs 108v4 8 port gigabit smart switch. all the ports for computer, printer are green as expected, the port for th netgear switch is red, but, anything I plug into the netgear switch works. Is this a problem, do I need to do something?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you very much for your reply and so quickly. Have a great week.

forkliftguy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

My modem broadband 2 light is constantly blinking red. This happened three times in August, three different technician came out each time. Third tech managed to fix it but fix only lasted just over a month. They sent me another new modem (one of the previous techs had changed it out) but tests on modem showed it was defective. I installed it and it worked fine for a day. Now it's back to broadband 2 light blinking red, connection drops on dish hopper and Xbox one. This has been an endless problem and AT&T didn't even give me discount on bill for all my Uverse internet connection loss.

Employee

• 

69 Messages

8 years ago

what type of connection do you have do you know? i'd assume its bonded pair(2 pairs) if its looking for broadband 2. usually that means you have a line issue with that line.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Line technician came out too back in August, (22nd) since first tech 's fix (Aug. 5) didn't last more than a week. Then that fix only lasted three days. The tech that came out on Aug. 26 fixed issue, that is, until last week
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.