Need help with your equipment?
cmkerr's profile

Observer

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 22nd, 2013 7:01 PM

Xbox with U-verse

Does anyone know how to set my son's Xbox Live up with my U-verse Router.  He has it connected with a Ethernet Cable.  I have my main computer hooked up with an Ethernet Cable also..it is in position #1 and then the Xbox Live is #2.  But everytime I get on my computer to go online it boots him off of his Xbox Live. I was told something about assigning him a certain # in the U-verse Router, but I have no idea how to do this.

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate.  I don't who is going to go nuts first me or my son with his X-box Live Gaming withdrawls!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@cmkerr wrote:

Does anyone know how to set my son's Xbox Live up with my U-verse Router.  He has it connected with a Ethernet Cable.  I have my main computer hooked up with an Ethernet Cable also..it is in position #1 and then the Xbox Live is #2.  But everytime I get on my computer to go online it boots him off of his Xbox Live. I was told something about assigning him a certain # in the U-verse Router, but I have no idea how to do this.

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate.  I don't who is going to go nuts first me or my son with his X-box Live Gaming withdrawls!!!

cmkerr,

Welcome to the forums and I understand the frustration of trying to be online while your son wants to be on Xbox and it just doesn't happen. I have two links below for you to take a peek at. The first one is on the att.com website and talks a bit about setup and numbers to call for Microsoft. It doesn't appear that Att gives guidance for the setup of gaming systems as a help issue.

Uverse Xbox questions

This second link is from the Att community forum, if you read through there is a bit of information on setting up ports for Xbox.

Uverse Forum Find

I hope between these two links the Xbox trouble will be resolved.

James

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.