Need help with your equipment?
veryangry's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 9th, 2016 5:48 PM

Closed

Why is your service so bad?

AT&T, your service is the WORST I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. You have the worst customer service, the worst technicians, the worst store associates and AT&T store locations in LUBBOCK, TX!!!! You are LIARS and a bunch of CHEATS! Your company has no integrity whatsoever. I was lied to directly to my face and over the phone. You have the rudest people working for you. Your company values suck! 

It is pretty bad when even your own employees say how bad they have it. I hope everyone on this site sees what a terrible company you are. I have put up with your nonsense and lies long enough. I have called in and gone through all the troubleshooting with a service person on the phone at least once a month since having your internet installed in my home. I can tell them what the exact problem is every time, yet they take me through the whole process over and over again.

You have given your employees a script they have to follow to speak to any customers that need assistance. They don't have a clue what else to say or do once they have gone through it all. You employ a bunch of worthless employees! I have begged the technicians to do their jobs and fix the line in the alley way and they still do a ** job. The line keeps getting disconnected or cut that runs the service up to my house. I have asked them to secure it or burry the line multiple times and they have not done so. I have stepped into the alley way multiple occasions and seen the bare cable stretched across the ground in the alley way. At this point I am paying for internet that I am not receiving. You are ROBBING ME of my money! You have broken your end of the contract by not providing a service you promised.

I went into the Lubbock store on Slide and 82nd Street only to find a store full of unhelped people with disgruntled demeanors just like mine. The people were so tired of waiting 30-45 mintues (more like 1 hour and 30 minutes) they either left the store or called the other location on Milwakee Ave. The store on Milwakee Ave said "there was no line or waiting" and that they "are a full service store". Both of those quoted statements were LIES!

I immediately drove over to Milwakee Ave. store. I showed up inside and there were 4 free store associates standing around doing nothing. Eric (the ineffective person that "helped" me) told me that there was going to be a 30 - 45 minute wait. There were only 3 customers being helped in the entire store!! Eric made me wait several minutes for a "manager" that I had requested and insisted on talking to. I waited only to get Eric again as the associate. I asked him if he was a manager and he said no. 

He literally told me all he can do is call the same number I called because they were only "a wireless store". So he gets paid by you AT&T for what I do at home for free! So obviously you should compensate me for every time I had to call in to get the internet "fixed"! Why should I even pay my bill if I am without internet more than it is available to me? Why haven't you checked my call in records for my complaints and already compensated me? Why do I have to wait on your service people for 3 hours to show up at my home to fix the issue every single time?

And another thing, I just love how your text box says what words you can and cannot use to voice your complaint. You even have your websites cover your back side.

I AM SWITCHING TO VERIZON WHERE CUSTOMERS MATTER!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO AT&T!!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

+1.  ATT Uverse is a HORRIBLE ISP.  Always problematic.   AT&T took federal infrastructure funds, but, unlike Verizon, did not go the last mail.  Their customer service is nearly as bad as their internet service.  No amount of complaining seems to help.  They simple could care less.  AT&T is greedy, using an antiquated technology, and over pricing it, after duping the tax payers out of money for a better plant,

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I will be leaving AT&T as well, your mobile internet freaking sucks. I should have stayed with Verizon.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I agree.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Me too I've had nothing but headaches I've spent hours on the phone with these people every week . When I call a friend and everybody's name ID number location of the call center not that it matters . I started with AT&T never paid me the $200 rewards Visa they never sent it and it didn't matter I kept calling and calling and we're gonna help you were going to help you nobody ever did a thing! Then our Internet wouldn't work it was slow oh they say you can't get 45 download we're gonna bump you down to 25. 25 is slow pn my laptop. Then they raise my bill instead of $80 a month which is what the contract says it's 179 now I have to call about that too . I've had it I'm fed up I'm not calling that number anymore I'm just gonna bring their equipment back to him it's opiate. They're going to try to get me to pay a fee for breaking a contract but if you ask me they broke the contract first by bumping me down on Internet speed and then trying to charge me more for it so my question to you is what can we do legally because there's got to be something he's people are crooks and they employ people overseas oh and I love it the people in the call center I ask them where this office is and they say offshore ! I'm calling my bank tomorrow and stopping my automatic payments I'm not paying all of the stupid fees for not raising my bill and they can't explain to me what it's for.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry I SPOKE THIS REPLY ABOVE. Lots of typos! Siri isn't that great.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

If you want bait and switch , go to Verizon... I am an AT&T customer now , I'm using the prepaid service. I came from Verizon back to AT&T prepaid because Verizon said my smartphone service with my data package was gonna be like $120 a month. My bill was never under $200 and I never went over my data. They lie. AT&T lies as well. The only way to get outta that is , from my experience, go with AT&T prepaid on your cellular. But as far as home internet service goes it's like a darned of you do darned if you don't kinda thing. ... I had to use darned lol

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T.... Those typos weren't on the proof read.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I completely agree. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]They are clearly breaking the law or bending it to the point of breaking

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have had the same awful experiences with AT&T. After having to call in several times over the past two years, I am fairly certain that their customer service reps are only paid decently when they successfully upsell you, and that there are no consequences for lying or misleading the customer about hidden fees. I would recommend handling all issues on their website's chat window and then emailing the transcript to yourself, because at some point they will try to screw you over. It is just a guarantee of spending time with their customer service reps. And always double check to make sure that you're getting the speed that you paid for. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.