Need help with your equipment?
veryangry's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 9th, 2016 5:48 PM

Closed

Why is your service so bad?

AT&T, your service is the WORST I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. You have the worst customer service, the worst technicians, the worst store associates and AT&T store locations in LUBBOCK, TX!!!! You are LIARS and a bunch of CHEATS! Your company has no integrity whatsoever. I was lied to directly to my face and over the phone. You have the rudest people working for you. Your company values suck! 

It is pretty bad when even your own employees say how bad they have it. I hope everyone on this site sees what a terrible company you are. I have put up with your nonsense and lies long enough. I have called in and gone through all the troubleshooting with a service person on the phone at least once a month since having your internet installed in my home. I can tell them what the exact problem is every time, yet they take me through the whole process over and over again.

You have given your employees a script they have to follow to speak to any customers that need assistance. They don't have a clue what else to say or do once they have gone through it all. You employ a bunch of worthless employees! I have begged the technicians to do their jobs and fix the line in the alley way and they still do a ** job. The line keeps getting disconnected or cut that runs the service up to my house. I have asked them to secure it or burry the line multiple times and they have not done so. I have stepped into the alley way multiple occasions and seen the bare cable stretched across the ground in the alley way. At this point I am paying for internet that I am not receiving. You are ROBBING ME of my money! You have broken your end of the contract by not providing a service you promised.

I went into the Lubbock store on Slide and 82nd Street only to find a store full of unhelped people with disgruntled demeanors just like mine. The people were so tired of waiting 30-45 mintues (more like 1 hour and 30 minutes) they either left the store or called the other location on Milwakee Ave. The store on Milwakee Ave said "there was no line or waiting" and that they "are a full service store". Both of those quoted statements were LIES!

I immediately drove over to Milwakee Ave. store. I showed up inside and there were 4 free store associates standing around doing nothing. Eric (the ineffective person that "helped" me) told me that there was going to be a 30 - 45 minute wait. There were only 3 customers being helped in the entire store!! Eric made me wait several minutes for a "manager" that I had requested and insisted on talking to. I waited only to get Eric again as the associate. I asked him if he was a manager and he said no. 

He literally told me all he can do is call the same number I called because they were only "a wireless store". So he gets paid by you AT&T for what I do at home for free! So obviously you should compensate me for every time I had to call in to get the internet "fixed"! Why should I even pay my bill if I am without internet more than it is available to me? Why haven't you checked my call in records for my complaints and already compensated me? Why do I have to wait on your service people for 3 hours to show up at my home to fix the issue every single time?

And another thing, I just love how your text box says what words you can and cannot use to voice your complaint. You even have your websites cover your back side.

I AM SWITCHING TO VERIZON WHERE CUSTOMERS MATTER!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO AT&T!!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@grabacontroller wrote:

Uverse has copper rotting. That's why service is inconsistent.

@grabacontroller

It's typical short sighted AT&T (this is NOT the same company that served our grandparents

"The Bell System" !) But people get confused due to the break up of The Bell System...back in those days Ma Bell invested heavily in maintaining their lines and it paid off with DEAD RELIABLE SERVICE ALL THE TIME!

Now this company which likes to trade off the old Bell System namesake of AT&T, is 

failing to replace the rotting copper lines with fiber for most of its service areas, 

the ridiculous thing is that AT&T has placed fiber into their network like FTTN another words 

their IS fiber to the DSLAM or VRAD many times but the wiring to your home or business 

is the same ancient copper that was likely placed in the ground 50 years ago or more, and it is failing and not being maintained !

By now if AT&T cared about it's long term health and customers they would have already built out Fiber To The Premises (FTTP or FTTH) this means that the fiber connection is 100% fiber optics directly to your home or business...instead AT&T is so short sighted and frightened by their greedy shareholders they won't invest the money....

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@grabacontroller wrote:

Uverse has copper rotting. That's why service is inconsistent.

You have a negative answer to everything, don't you?  There is no copper here rotting and technically it can't, it corrodes at the connections, causing problems,if not fully tightened. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

You have a negative answer to everything, don't you?  There is no copper here rotting and technically it can't, it corrodes at the connections, causing problems,if not fully tightened. Smiley Surprised

@mibrnsurg I'm sure he was using that description metaphorically. Correct that copper won't 

"rot" but it can become so corroded that it actually disintegrates for all intensive purproses.

It's great that in your area AT&T is maintaining the copper last mile properly, but in many places they are not.  Add to that you have poorly executed repairs done years ago, (bridge taps ect) and they add to the degradation....

We have plenty of nodes/pedestals that are left open with elements getting into the boxes, not to mention weeds growing out of them as well. I have attempted to contact AT&T by phone, even tried ATTCustomerCare to no avail. 

Bottom line is your experience is the exception not the rule.

If you want to know where my service area is PM me and why not have the same excellent linesmen that maintain your area come here to my location and repair the last mile copper to make it as good as yours?Smiley Tongue

I'll be waiting to hear from you. Seriously!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@ham3843   Here where I am, in near east side of metro Detroit, 400' from the VRAD, not much is gonna affect my service.  Everything here is on the electric poles in the alleys and thru back yards, nothing underground here, that may make a big difference.

Although having said that, there is a small box on the pole that covers what looks like 8-10 users on the pole in the alley behind me.  That's been a rat's nest as long as I've been here and have to wonder how anything works through it.  I've been in 3 different apartments in a stone's throw area for the last 36 yrs and every one had a box like this looking the same.

Here was the VDSL 2 area in 2008 (no ADSL 2+ yet) that ATT would condition the lines before turning on the VRAD and think they did alot of work here.  New lines in many cases and new Nids installed. Smiley Surprised

Edit:  As to your post above this one about Bell South, part of the problem there is ATT had to spend alot of $$ fixing Bell South's FTTP solution.  They set the fiber up in a daisy ring w/1 node going to all the homes on the same connection, like cable.

Probably when they started discussing getting absorbed into ATT, they stopped all maintenance during that period and handed ATT a big mess.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Ive been with ATT almost 10 years which is 10 years too long. I actually feel abused. Their customer service is bad. Their products are bad and they dont stand behind anything they say or do. I have 2 ASIS tablets that neither one has EVER worked and STILL having to pay for the extra line under a 2 year contract. I have had to have 5 defective phones replaced (Notes) ;and now have a defective 6s and cant get through a whole day without the battery dying and I dont use it much a day. When I was at the warranty store in Ft Worth TX it was full of disgusted people with the same issue. I could go on and on but I have tried to reach out to someone high up in ATT and they dont care. So maybe when they finally lose enough customers to not be able to pay their paychecks theyll figure it out. Not to mention the outrageous amount we pay every month for service that sucks. Did I mention Ive been hung up on more than 9 times in a day several times? Kathy [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Reeaally!  You have to ask!!

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Reeaally!  You have to ask!!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

Have to ask what?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just have to say that I have 1 out of 4 mobile phones using ATT the other ones are from Verizon and Metro PCS and ATT sucks.  The phone disconnects, the calls dont go out, its a pain in the rear.  Too bad it is a company phone otherwise I would have returned it and run away from ATT as fast as lightning.  PLEASE PLEASE ATT do something about it.  Otherwise close shop and let other companies take over.  THE USA NEEDS RELIABILITY to prosper.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.