Need help with your equipment?
veryangry's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 9th, 2016 5:48 PM

Closed

Why is your service so bad?

AT&T, your service is the WORST I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. You have the worst customer service, the worst technicians, the worst store associates and AT&T store locations in LUBBOCK, TX!!!! You are LIARS and a bunch of CHEATS! Your company has no integrity whatsoever. I was lied to directly to my face and over the phone. You have the rudest people working for you. Your company values suck! 

It is pretty bad when even your own employees say how bad they have it. I hope everyone on this site sees what a terrible company you are. I have put up with your nonsense and lies long enough. I have called in and gone through all the troubleshooting with a service person on the phone at least once a month since having your internet installed in my home. I can tell them what the exact problem is every time, yet they take me through the whole process over and over again.

You have given your employees a script they have to follow to speak to any customers that need assistance. They don't have a clue what else to say or do once they have gone through it all. You employ a bunch of worthless employees! I have begged the technicians to do their jobs and fix the line in the alley way and they still do a ** job. The line keeps getting disconnected or cut that runs the service up to my house. I have asked them to secure it or burry the line multiple times and they have not done so. I have stepped into the alley way multiple occasions and seen the bare cable stretched across the ground in the alley way. At this point I am paying for internet that I am not receiving. You are ROBBING ME of my money! You have broken your end of the contract by not providing a service you promised.

I went into the Lubbock store on Slide and 82nd Street only to find a store full of unhelped people with disgruntled demeanors just like mine. The people were so tired of waiting 30-45 mintues (more like 1 hour and 30 minutes) they either left the store or called the other location on Milwakee Ave. The store on Milwakee Ave said "there was no line or waiting" and that they "are a full service store". Both of those quoted statements were LIES!

I immediately drove over to Milwakee Ave. store. I showed up inside and there were 4 free store associates standing around doing nothing. Eric (the ineffective person that "helped" me) told me that there was going to be a 30 - 45 minute wait. There were only 3 customers being helped in the entire store!! Eric made me wait several minutes for a "manager" that I had requested and insisted on talking to. I waited only to get Eric again as the associate. I asked him if he was a manager and he said no. 

He literally told me all he can do is call the same number I called because they were only "a wireless store". So he gets paid by you AT&T for what I do at home for free! So obviously you should compensate me for every time I had to call in to get the internet "fixed"! Why should I even pay my bill if I am without internet more than it is available to me? Why haven't you checked my call in records for my complaints and already compensated me? Why do I have to wait on your service people for 3 hours to show up at my home to fix the issue every single time?

And another thing, I just love how your text box says what words you can and cannot use to voice your complaint. You even have your websites cover your back side.

I AM SWITCHING TO VERIZON WHERE CUSTOMERS MATTER!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO AT&T!!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@veryangry   Seems you don't seem to want any help as far as I can tell.  Good luck w/getting Verizon, seems only place they both have Internet service is a small area of Dallas. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

168 Messages

8 years ago

Who says this person doesn't want help? This service is terrible. Many customers on Facebook say the same thing as well. This service is terrible. I have had a bad experience too but can't switch providers due to monopolies and of course, they don't care about the customer at all.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This service reminds me of the service from Time Warner. And, they were ranked in the top 10 worst service providers out there. They told me around 11 today, Jan. 9. I took off work to meet them now they tell me they can come out tomorrow instead. Do they want to miss 2 days of work? People that can't speak English very well shouldn't be in customer service. You spend more saying "what" than actually resolving an issue, technicians maybe, but not customer service. They say "sorry" but you know they're just programmed to say it. They could really care less. I wouldn't recommend this provider to anyone. Its not like they're one of best value for the service. For the price, they should have the best service. Only Directtv is more expensive.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

With all due respect mibrnsurg, you are wrong.  The post by veryangry is understandible.  I have ATT landline and Uverse Internet and TV and as an FYI my bill is always well over $200 per month.  (I am not complaining about the cost).  I upgraded to my Internet to GigaPower on Dec.18th and since then my Internet and TV has been going up and down (daily) ever since and when they are down, the landline phone has a scratchy sound in the background.  So far, I have had 1 chat session, one telephone conversation with the customer centers (overseas), downloaded the myatt app and 2 tech service appointsments and the service is still unreliable.  When working it's great but as I say it goes up and down everyday!  The chat session setting up the GigaPower service was a mistake on my part (I know better but I did it anyway). The service appointment required to set up the Gigapower lasted quite long and afterwards my landline was out.  I texted the service tech (cause they leave their mobile phone number and he said texting him is best if I needed anything) and initally I got back "??????" from him.  I called him and he fixed the landline problem without another visit.  The telephone conversation (overseas center) was your typical reboot and unplug and plug back in to infinity (pardon the Comcast pun). I knew the conversation would not solve the problem but I had no choice because that's the only way I know to get a service appointment.  I was encouraged to download the myatt app (I did so) and encouraged to sign up for the digital phone.  I declined the phone but I had and still have an open mind out it assuming everything else can be fixed! The service tech was professional and seem knowledgeable; however, in my uninformed opinion, his solution for my problems was focused solely on box (gate and receiver) replacement.  The next day, the service continued to go up and down.  The My ATT App would either say unable to connect (when my Internet was down) or no problems (when my Internet was down).  As I type this, my service has gone up and down several times but I have periodically ctrl+a  and ctrl+c.  I texted both technicians and one manager about my service and heard nothing.  I suppose I am going to call overseas customer service again but I dread having to do that.  THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE HAS LEFT ME EXHAUSTED AND RIGHT NOW I DREAD CALLING ATT CUSTOMER SERVICE, CALLING COMCAST OR VERIZON.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I have same intermittent service drop as you. And the only thing ATT tech did right was disconnect my service because the tech support experience and Internet service was so horrible. My cell phone Internet through tmobile is more reliable than Uverse internet. Frankly I had to tether through my phone to get Internet several times because my Uverse service keeps dropping.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

ATT is the WORST COMPANY EVER. Absolute nightmare. Just found out ATT doubled my monthly charges without my knowledge and now they are refusing to credit the amount. Bait and Switch is the name of their game. Run from this company! I am switching today.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

This is so ridiculous! To pay over $300/mo. For cell and Internet service and to have so many issues is outrageous! At least once / week the AT&T tech is seen in my subdivision. That equals a problem! Not to mention I've had no internet ALL DAY and I homeschool my children is a HUGE problem!! All I'm asking for is reliable service THAT I PAY FOR!! Fix this crap PLEASE!!! It's getting super annoying!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

This is so ridiculous! To pay over $300/mo. For cell and Internet service and to have so many issues is outrageous! At least once / week the AT&T tech is seen in my subdivision. That equals a problem! Not to mention I've had no internet ALL DAY and I homeschool my children is a HUGE problem!! All I'm asking for is reliable service THAT I PAY FOR!! Fix this crap PLEASE!!! It's getting super annoying!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@artosha wrote:

ATT is the WORST COMPANY EVER. Absolute nightmare. Just found out ATT doubled my monthly charges without my knowledge and now they are refusing to credit the amount. Bait and Switch is the name of their game. Run from this company! I am switching today.

@artosha  Did you not realize the teaser rate only lasted 6mo/1yr and at that point you go to regular pricing?  Was stated in the terms and TOS.  ATT was under no obligation to contact you, should have known if you'd been looking at your bills. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

168 Messages

8 years ago

Uverse has copper rotting. That's why service is inconsistent.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.