Need help with your equipment?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Sunday, December 17th, 2017 4:26 PM

Why does echo dot keep losing connection?

My Echo dot continuously loses its connection to Wi-Fi. Everything else on my Wi-Fi (laptop and phone) work perfectly fine. Whenever I reset my router or modem it connects just fine but then within 8-48 hours it loses the connection again and will not connect. I've been on the phone with amazon tech support several times and once we reset the router and it connects we end the call and then some hours later it loses its connection again so we never get to the base of the problem. We even looped in AT&T tech support on one of the calls and still nothing as all they did was remotely reset my modem and then when it connected they said great and ended the call. Then about a day later it disconnected again.

According to a thread i found on here apparently having the 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections named the same is the problem. But I tried renaming my 2.4 ghz connection and my echo dot has connected to it. Then just like an hour or so later it disconnected. All my other devices are still connected to the wifi.

Any suggestions would be awesome! Its so frustrating to buy something cool and not be able to use it!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

How do I reset my router to factory settings?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

@PoppiRussell 
Find the red reset button on the back of the gateway box.  Usually above the power connector.  Hold it for 10 seconds.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you .
I did try a reset on all devices including my WiFi & also got the WiFi to check.

I contacted Apple and with they sent me a new one .. it’s a known issues with some earlier models

Now it’s working perfectly .

Try it explain the same & tell them you know they have been replaced

Good luck

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you gr8sho
i will reset my modem now.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

4 years ago

@Dino69 wrote:
Thank you .
I did try a reset on all devices including my WiFi & also got the WiFi to check.

I contacted Apple and with they sent me a new one .. it’s a known issues with some earlier models

Now it’s working perfectly .

Try it explain the same & tell them you know they have been replaced

Good luck

Hello,  I don't understand the Apple reference.   Did you mean Amazon?  The thread is about Amazon devices with intermittent or no connection to AT&T gateways.  

The issue is due to how AT&T has implemented 5GHz wireless WiFi in their routers.  More conventional routers from companies like netgear do not suffer from such problems.  Best to disable automatic channel selection on the AT&T device.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.