Need help with your equipment?
rao4404's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018 9:43 PM

Where is the live chat tech support?

Hello, I don't see the live chat support option on the att web site. can you please take a look at it and let me know if i need to follow any type of procedure.

I have tried with multiple browsers but same issue.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I discovered that if I go to the Contacts page that it seems to improve the chances of the "Chat available" thing appearing.

https://www.att.com/contactus/index/internet.html is a contacts page that also will show "Chat available" when an agent is available.

Nearly always you are first talking with a robot that attempts to figure out what department to connect you with. It then transfers the chat session to a human agent.  If the initial robot can't figure what you want it seems to route you on the U-verse billing department.  Thus the initial thing you write should be short and simple.  "u-verse TV billing" or "u-verse high-speed Internet billing"  "high-speed Internet technical support" for example.  If an agent determines the robot guessed wrong they will transfer you to the right department.

One of the first things you should do when the chat window opens is to request a transcript by clicking the envelope icon at the bottom. AT&T's chat system seems to e-mail the transcript up to five to six hours after the chat has ended. Thus it will seem like the transcript thing did not work.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

Chat popped up on this page.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

There is no chat. It just says chat but when I click on it it is greets out.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

The chat thing comes and goes depending on if agents are available.  It's in the lower-right corner when it's available and is a box that pops up saying chat is available.  If you click to chat you will be connected with U-Verse sales/billing.  Tell them you want technical support or whatever and they will transfer the chat session.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Are you a person that could help me with the problem that I have with my bill

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Maspir  This is a peer-to-peer forum and as such is not monitored by AT&T. 

You will need to call CS (800-288-2020) for any questions on your account.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I need support for an upgrade. my phone is giving me a lot of probleme

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

human support

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

hELP@!!  wHEN i SWITCHED MY MOBILE  PHONE TO ATT i DIDN'T REALIZE THAT i STILL OWED A WAY TOO MUCH BALANCE TO vERIZON FOR THE PURCHASE OF

THAT PHONE.  nOW i AM BEING BILLED ALL OF THAT BALANCE.  cAN YOU DO ANYTHING TO HELP ME?  sYLVIA 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This doesn't work.  It never shows a live chat regardless of the time of day.  At&T web sites just keep getting worse and worse, same for Directv web site.  They are about as close to useless as they can get.  It is better and quicker to just call, at least I can find the phone number

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.