Explore & discover

Helpful Links

What is my community ID? Where do I find it?

Contributor

What is my community ID? Where do I find it?

How can I sign into the community forum if I don't know my community Id? Where do I find it? It it created b y me OR it it assigned by someone else? Help! I'm having the problem of being constantly redirected to myattmg.

Message 1 of 13
ACE - Expert

Re: What is my community ID? Where do I find it?

@CeeSuAsh70 wrote:

How can I sign into the community forum if I don't know my community Id? 

How can you have made a successful post without signing in to the community forum?  In case you're still looking for it, your community id appears to be CeeSuAsh70.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13
Contributor

This is to JefferMC--- You tell me how I signed in without an ID. Do you KNOW that I was actually signed in OR was it posted AFTER I created an ID. Somehow I was allowed to ask a question on some site AND somebody was evidently compelled to allow me and was directed to a site to create the ID. I am a literal person and everything could have been made plain and simple by saying an ID needed to be created (in the first place). 

Message 3 of 13
Contributor

what is an ACE expert? Are they ATT employees?

Message 4 of 13
ACE - Master

No - just other forum users that have been around long enough and deemed helpful enough to others by the forum administrators to be given that "title".

And yes, you were signed into the forums with that ID when you made the first post (otherwise you wouldn't have been able to post, and the post has that name attached to it).  If you attempt to post a question to one of the ATT forums and you aren't signed in, it will ask you to sign in (and to first create an account if you don't have one).  You can read the forums without doing this, but not post.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 13
Community Manager

Hi @CeeSuAsh70

Sorry for any confusion, it's possible that your browser has saved your forums credentials and signs you in automatically, but just in case, your user name is CeeSuAsh70. When signing in you can use it with your password.

ACEs are our forums superusers, not employees. They're very knowledgeable and trustworthy, and that's how they earn their special ACE status.

Thanks,

Dmitriy / AT&T Community Manager

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 13
ACE - Expert

The ACE program  is explained here.  ACE recipients are not employees of AT&T.

The Expert rank is explained here.

You did not sign in without an ID.  You had to log in to post, thus posting a question asking what is my Community ID is a little like asking how to ask a question.

Message 7 of 13

Ok, i know my email and was able to change my password, but cant' find out what my community id is!!! Can't login without the community id! Talk about frustrating!

Message 8 of 13
ACE - Expert

You choose your community ID.  If you haven't created one, you need to do so.  If you cannot find it anywhere... create another.

Message 9 of 13

If you previously registered and forgot your community ID there's no way to find out what it was. The only thing you can do is create yet another community ID but you can't use the email that you used in the last one because the login fails. 

You can change your password via the 'forgot password or community id?' Link, but you cannot (as far as I can tell) find out what your community id associated with that email is.

that's the problem a lot of people are looking for an answer to. The only way I could post a totally unrelated question was to create another id. Frustrating when a lot of time could have been saved by just letting me click on the 'forgot passord or cumminity id' link and actually request my community id (since I already knew the email and password associated with the account).

Message 10 of 13
ACE - Expert

Reader's Digest Condensed Version:   You forgot your Community ID.  The "Forgot Password or Community ID?" link didn't allow you to recover your Community ID.  You were forced to create a NEW community ID and you're asking if there is another option.

Does that sum it up?

Edit:  There is a Search Box at the top of this page.  If you click where it says "AT&T Internet Features" it will give an option to search "All users".  If you remember any small part of your ID, like a series of numbers (ie. birthday) or nickname (ie. skeeter), it will list all registered users.CID.JPG"Search" option at the top of page

Message 11 of 13
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

So... if the Community Forums only had a Link on the login page that looked something like this

Capture-2018-08-05-LoginPage.PNG

that if you clicked on it would take you to a box something like this 

Capture-2018-08-05-ForgotPage.PNG

that would let you fill in your e-mail address and send you an e-mail with your community id and let you reset your password, that would make you happy?

Hm... I'll have to ask if we can get the forums team to make something like that available.

Oooh... forgot the sarcasm tags again.  Dang.

Message 12 of 13

Yes! Yes! Someone who actually understands! Now if you could just get me back that half hour of my life I lost trying to login without creating another account!

thanks! 

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support