Need help with your equipment?
skipding's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Monday, March 14th, 2011 6:41 AM

What Happened!!!??

Did something happen to AT&T's internet? I have had U-verse for about 3 years now and up until about 2 weeks ago I have had great internet service. I regularly test my connection at speedtest.net and have had nice consistent flow of data. 2 weeks ago the on demand services started to act weird. There was a delay even when showing the description of the show. Then while viewing It would stall and eventually fail stating that the program could not be shown. At about the same time our internet started to get erratic My speed tests started to have major peaks and valleys. My download speeds would drop below .5 of a megabit often. I have subscribed to the 6 megabit plan and I understand that speeds are not guaranteed but it is not unreasonable to expect a constant flow of at least 3-4 megabits. Was there an update that has made my mac book not work correctly? I have tried changing the DNS servers as suggested in other forums but it did not help. I know 2wire modems by default is not mac friendly but I have had no issues until now. and I have no other options.

Does anyone know what's going on. Is this happening to anyone else?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

For skipding - 

Try 8.8.8.8 for DNS server and Google Chrome for browser to see how fast.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately the DNS change did not work. I even tried the 8.8.4.4 listed on Chrome's FAQ. While looking through my Speedtest.net results I have noticed that most of my stalls are coming from 1 particular server in Chicago hosted by Comcast. Does anyone know if there is a way to never use this server? Anyone else notice the same thing?

Scholar

• 

328 Messages

13 years ago

I have read in this forum as well as others of people having problems with those plug in adapters. I don't have a link to the posts here but I have read them in the past. Glad you figured out the problem with your internet.

VOD HD seems to be hit or miss here in the DFW area. It's been like that since Christmas. AT&T gives their typical response of "we are aware of the problem and are working on it." Maybe they are or maybe not. But you're right, it's still not fixed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.