Need help with your equipment?
CR9's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 3:07 AM

WatchESPN problem

I can no longer use the WatchESPN app, on my tablet or my phone. Whenever I log in (I have U-Verse) the app accepts my log in but when I try to play something, it says 'You are not authorized to play this, contact your provider, etc' which is strange because it worked perfectly as recently as Friday. I was in a live chat for about an hour running through things to try including uninstalling the app, reseting my password, refreshing my account, etc but no luck. I even callled and had our whole U-Verse service reset by the automation, still nothing.

The thing that really gets my goat, though, is that the website works fine on my laptop, but only the apps give me problems. I'm also having this problem with BTN2Go, FWIW.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hello CR9,

According to the ESPN's FAQs (Posted example below) and the information from our esupport article (Posted example below) WatchESPN allows free access to VOD clips and programing from ESPN 3 but, in order to watch live programming and other sporting events, WatchESPN requires that the user has a "Video Subscription" from the service provider (For U-verse, it's U200 TV Service or above).

I wanted to test this out just to be sure. I opened the app on my iPhone with a test account that has TV service on it and there weren't any issues but, I used another test account that doesn't have TV service with the same iPhone and it did not allow any live programming, events, etc. (Except for programming from ESPN 3)

WatchESPN FAQs.png

WatchESPN eSupport.png

2 Attachments

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, CR9!

Thanks for posting. Are you still having issues with the WatchESPN app? If so, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can get this sorted out for you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same issue. worked fine until about a week ago. I have spent an hour with phone support and have had no luck. I tried all the options listed on another forum, with no luck.

Please post an update if anyone has a solution that worked for them.

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having the same problem and have U-verse 200.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.