Need help with your equipment?
tree912's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 17th, 2017 7:17 PM

Very high/ping latency

I have ATT uverse internet and for the past 1-2 months, I've had ping skyrocket from 32MS to 3000MS. My ping used to be a pretty constant 20~ and now its just inconsistent and always skyrockets to 200-300+ while I try to play online games/watch YT/do anything of the sort. It's been like this for 1-2 months so I don't think it's happening by chance. Any help?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

If this isn't a problem with your connection (which you should likely eliminate first), then it may be that your uplink is congested by too much traffic.

Start by checking out your line:  Go to http://192.168.1.254 and click on the broadband tab, look for a table that shows sync rates, SNR and error counts.  Take a screenshot of that table and post it in a reply for us to review.

Do you use online backup (from a PC or from a smartphone, e.g. backing up pictures, videos, music to google's cloud service) or any P2P software?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

http://i.imgur.com/wFpJOPB.png

that's the table I believe. Don't use any P2P software myself, and don't think anyone in my house does either. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

You have a dual pair 32/5 profile and pretty good error counts (getting some CRC, but not a lot; FEC well within tolerance).  Your attenuation is high, but you've got long loops, so that's expected.  Your SNR is good.  So, your lines look pretty good.

Is there another section that shows bytes transferred in and out?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

Unfortunately, I can't see for what interval that information covers. Did you see a timer on the display?

It looks like you do have a lot of upstream traffic (about a third of your download, an unusually high ratio for "typical" Internet usage).  Of course, everyone is different.  Just wondering what that is and what's causing it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.