Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Uverse wireless gateway cannot be found message on app for both iphone and ipad.

Teacher

Uverse wireless gateway cannot be found message on app for both iphone and ipad.

For the past two days I have been unable to use the app because when I try to select the receiver I always get the message that the gateway can't be found. 

So far I have (All of these were done for both devices.)

-deleted and reinstalled the app

-closed and reopened the app

-rebooted

-tried the troubleshooting feature of the app

All along I do have the following:

-my list of recorded movies

-the ability to set up items for recording

- the correct guide for my location

-the ability to watch live shows on my devices

I cannot:

-use the app remote

-select a show from the home page on the app

-watch any shows on my television using the app because the app won't connect to the receiver

What next?

Message 1 of 51
Tutor

Re: Uverse wireless gateway cannot be found message on app for both iphone and ipad.

Still not fixed ....
Message 16 of 51
Teacher

Re: Uverse wireless gateway cannot be found message on app for both iphone and ipad.

Read on another thread that this may have started due to a firmware update pushed to the residential gateways. Seems to be a glitch happening between the app and the new firmware. Sadly, we don't even get an acknowledgement from AT&T support.

Luckily I have executive contacts from a previous problem. On behalf of all of us, they will be hearing about this issue and the lack of support.
Message 17 of 51
Tutor

Thanks vergaancha,

Can you post the link to that thread so we can monitor it as well?

Message 18 of 51
Teacher

Message 19 of 51
Contributor

Please post solution whoever gets it first as having the same problem in Dallas
Message 20 of 51
Contributor

I have had this issue. spent two hours on the phone with the useless tech people. finally got the answer that it was the app and they will call me when they hear back from the developer.
Message 21 of 51
Tutor

Same issue here in Atlanta. Please let us know if you find any resolution.
Message 22 of 51
Tutor

I also spent 1.5 hours on the phone with tech support yesterday regarding this issue.  I spoke with someone in another country that didn't understand English.    AT&T service has really went downhill.  Any time I have an issue, it's an hour long phone to someone in another country that doesn't understand what you need.  The guy I spoke with yesterday stated that controlling the TV from the app wasn't even possible.  AT&T you need to get your act together.  Strongly considering canceling all cable, internet and phone service to go with another company.

Message 23 of 51
Teacher

That is idiotic! I don't know if it would be possible for them to hire less knowledgable and less logical people. Whay did the app have a remote if not to communicate with the tv? Ridiculous! 

Message 24 of 51
Contributor

This has always been a glitchy app ("yes, I want you discover my receivers for the 40th time") but clearly now something has pretty much zapped every user. It's been at least a week for most of us. C'mon AT&T -- we certainly don't subscribe for your rock-bottom pricing. Act like the leader you are and fix this!

Message 25 of 51
Contributor

It is a firmware issue on the gateway, not an app issue. They pushed an update to the gateways last week, and screwed up the apps ability to communicate with the gateway.
Message 26 of 51
Contributor

Having the same problem here in San Antonio. Anyone having any luck yet?
Message 27 of 51

Same problem here in SE Michigan. I need this app working again urgently. I used it to change the recording playing in my daughter's room to get her to fall asleep. Now I have to go in her room and that keeps her up even longer. It's been almost a week and no response from ATT, ridiculous!
Message 28 of 51
ACE - Expert

@ATTU-verseCare , quite a few customers are reporting this issue with the app not being able to communicate with the gateway.  Is this a recognized problem?  Is this being worked on?  

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 29 of 51
Tutor

I've been having this problem for a week now. Tried all the fixes that everyone else has, to no avail. AT&T needs to get this fixed NOW!
Message 30 of 51
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support