Need help with your equipment?
chefmomster2's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Saturday, August 26th, 2017 2:19 AM

Uverse wireless gateway cannot be found message on app for both iphone and ipad.

For the past two days I have been unable to use the app because when I try to select the receiver I always get the message that the gateway can't be found. 

So far I have (All of these were done for both devices.)

-deleted and reinstalled the app

-closed and reopened the app

-rebooted

-tried the troubleshooting feature of the app

All along I do have the following:

-my list of recorded movies

-the ability to set up items for recording

- the correct guide for my location

-the ability to watch live shows on my devices

I cannot:

-use the app remote

-select a show from the home page on the app

-watch any shows on my television using the app because the app won't connect to the receiver

What next?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Please let me know if you figured it out? I have the same problem and tried all the steps. I can't use my U-verse iPhone app to control the tvs. It started last night.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Please let me know if you figured it out? I have the same problem and tried all the steps. I can't use my U-verse iPhone app to control the tvs. It started last night.
Please email me if you found the solution to
alexfeghhi@yahoo.com

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Same problem in St. Tammany Parush, Louisiana. Our remote works sporadically so we rely upon the phone app to operate the TV --- very frustrating when neither the remote nor the phone app are working. Let he know if anyone figures out the solution. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Please let me know. I discovered the problem this morning. Tech support is no help. I do t have working remotes. I rely on the app. Please post the solution of you find one. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I have the same problem.  I think it was after I updated my UVerse app on my iPhone.  Anyone solved the problem yet?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

My remotes don't work either and I have always had to rely on the phone app. AT&T is sending me a newer generation remote to see if that helps with the remote issue. My current remote, per the label on the back, is a S10 series. They are sending me a S30 series remote. Until the app issue gets fixed, I'm stuck on one channel.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Same issue here... I can set remote recordings but the app does not work for remote control any more.

Says cannot fund gateway.

Rebooted gateway and still no help... Looks like something is broken\

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

You can use the front panel of the uVerse box to work like a remote.  Not easy, but it might get you off the channel.  Use the left arrow and select the GUIDE then you can move up and down and then hit select to change the channel.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Same message, "wireless gateway cannot be found", on my ipad.  Reboot, deleted & reloaded app.

no bono.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Same problem here in Dallas.   Tech support was useless.   Looks to be a bug in the app maybe??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.