For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
chefmomster2's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Saturday, August 26th, 2017 2:19 AM

Uverse wireless gateway cannot be found message on app for both iphone and ipad.

For the past two days I have been unable to use the app because when I try to select the receiver I always get the message that the gateway can't be found. 

So far I have (All of these were done for both devices.)

-deleted and reinstalled the app

-closed and reopened the app

-rebooted

-tried the troubleshooting feature of the app

All along I do have the following:

-my list of recorded movies

-the ability to set up items for recording

- the correct guide for my location

-the ability to watch live shows on my devices

I cannot:

-use the app remote

-select a show from the home page on the app

-watch any shows on my television using the app because the app won't connect to the receiver

What next?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Same issue here in Atlanta. Please let us know if you find any resolution.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I also spent 1.5 hours on the phone with tech support yesterday regarding this issue.  I spoke with someone in another country that didn't understand English.    AT&T service has really went downhill.  Any time I have an issue, it's an hour long phone to someone in another country that doesn't understand what you need.  The guy I spoke with yesterday stated that controlling the TV from the app wasn't even possible.  AT&T you need to get your act together.  Strongly considering canceling all cable, internet and phone service to go with another company.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

7 years ago

That is idiotic! I don't know if it would be possible for them to hire less knowledgable and less logical people. Whay did the app have a remote if not to communicate with the tv? Ridiculous! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This has always been a glitchy app ("yes, I want you discover my receivers for the 40th time") but clearly now something has pretty much zapped every user. It's been at least a week for most of us. C'mon AT&T -- we certainly don't subscribe for your rock-bottom pricing. Act like the leader you are and fix this!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

It is a firmware issue on the gateway, not an app issue. They pushed an update to the gateways last week, and screwed up the apps ability to communicate with the gateway.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Having the same problem here in San Antonio. Anyone having any luck yet?

Voyager

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Same problem here in SE Michigan. I need this app working again urgently. I used it to change the recording playing in my daughter's room to get her to fall asleep. Now I have to go in her room and that keeps her up even longer. It's been almost a week and no response from ATT, ridiculous!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

7 years ago

@ATTU-verseCare , quite a few customers are reporting this issue with the app not being able to communicate with the gateway.  Is this a recognized problem?  Is this being worked on?  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I've been having this problem for a week now. Tried all the fixes that everyone else has, to no avail. AT&T needs to get this fixed NOW!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I'm having this same problem, just spent an hour plus troubleshooting on my own before doing a search and finding this thread....  Feel a little better that its not something I can fix, however that doesn't solve the problem.   Any suggestions on how to best escalate this situation to AT&T? Emails/Phone calls? I really hope this is fixed soon as for me it will be needed for the opening weekend of college football !

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.