For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
chefmomster2's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Saturday, August 26th, 2017 2:19 AM

Uverse wireless gateway cannot be found message on app for both iphone and ipad.

For the past two days I have been unable to use the app because when I try to select the receiver I always get the message that the gateway can't be found. 

So far I have (All of these were done for both devices.)

-deleted and reinstalled the app

-closed and reopened the app

-rebooted

-tried the troubleshooting feature of the app

All along I do have the following:

-my list of recorded movies

-the ability to set up items for recording

- the correct guide for my location

-the ability to watch live shows on my devices

I cannot:

-use the app remote

-select a show from the home page on the app

-watch any shows on my television using the app because the app won't connect to the receiver

What next?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We encountered same error "Uverse wireless gateway not found" when trying to use the app last night. Can we have a resolution from ATT soon?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Same problem here in Michigan .... had AT&T tech here this AM .... definitely not a hardware problem .... he tried the U-Verse app on his android phone .... same response: "U-Verse wireless gateway not found" .... so definitely not isolated to IOS devices .... he suspects a glitch in the update U-Verse app ... tried to post a comment (unsuccessfully) on the app store website .... pls advise ASAP re a fix ...

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

footnote to previous msg .... AT&T tech this AM swapped out our RG and the U-Verse DVR so this is definitely not a hardware problem ....

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

7 years ago

I spent an hour on chat support this morning. It is a glitch in the app. She said they are working on it. When I asked how long it will take she said at least 24hrs. I'm hoping it won't be much more than that.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Still not fixed ....

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Read on another thread that this may have started due to a firmware update pushed to the residential gateways. Seems to be a glitch happening between the app and the new firmware. Sadly, we don't even get an acknowledgement from AT&T support.

Luckily I have executive contacts from a previous problem. On behalf of all of us, they will be hearing about this issue and the lack of support.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks vergaancha,

Can you post the link to that thread so we can monitor it as well?

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Please post solution whoever gets it first as having the same problem in Dallas

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have had this issue. spent two hours on the phone with the useless tech people. finally got the answer that it was the app and they will call me when they hear back from the developer.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.