For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
ksnative65's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 27th, 2016 9:29 PM

Uverse - slow internet, lots of buffering, pages just stop loading. TV - OK 99%

I had this problem in June of 2015. ATT replaced the modem. The slow internet, buffering stopped.  Now it's back.  Techs don't know what to do, ATT says everything is OK.   It's not the compter(s) though.  I have Mac x 3 different systems and Windows x 2 different system and Android x 2 different systems.  All have the same problem.  Anyone have any ideas what to check ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@ksnative65   On all Uverse RGs, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.

Disable IPv6 in Moto/Arris RGs (510/589/599) info here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Equipment/Slow-connection-using-Google-Facebook-and-certain-sites-after/m-p/3860323#M382

Disable IPv6 in 2wire/Pace/Arris RGs (3800/3801/5031/5268) info here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Troubleshoot-Internet-Service/Slow-connection-using-Google-Facebook-and-certain-sites-after/m-p/4733711#M7613

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@ksnative65   You don't say what Internet speed you pay for, but all those devices are trying to divie up that Internet speed.  If one is hogging due to streaming, others will get buffering possibly.

Will have to say also, multiple users of wi-fi do not work well w/Uverse RGs.  Other users have put an 'n or ac' router behind the RG for better wireless, but they'll still be sharing the Internet speed.  It justs sets up a fast Intranet LAN for all your devices. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

In my frustration on writing this post, I did not give all the details.  Yes, 6 computers but only one or two is on at once.  My point for that sentence was, it does not matter which operating system or computer is being used.    As to my internet speed...yes, it is ok.  Speed matches what I pay for.  I don't have a download limit.   The Uverse side/TV, works ok about 99.9% of the time.  We do get a drop every now and then - no big deal.  I have checked what devices are connected to my router/wifi...I can account for every device.  Neighbors are not stealing our signal.

So, with the buffering.... video's don't play, play partially and stop. Web pages don't load completely, I get timeouts messages.  Google searches - sometimes "nothing" happens...just a blank page, like you didn't even press the enter key or the search icon.  And, Yes at other times, everything works fine.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Chris - Thank You ! Thank You ! and Thank You !   Turning off IPv6 was the solution.  Everything works great.  All devices operate correctly.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

just did this also based on your post. internet problem solved. ATT can keep their replacement router. Apparently they haven't pushed this solution down to their customer service reps. Our internet service became very weak and started dropping frequently. Now, no problems.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@incredulous wrote:

just did this also based on your post. internet problem solved. ATT can keep their replacement router. Apparently they haven't pushed this solution down to their customer service reps. Our internet service became very weak and started dropping frequently. Now, no problems.

Well, can you hear those reps telling you "you can disable your computer to make IPv6 work better as our RGs do not have a defective system w/IP addresses".  They would never get this right considering the things I've heard repeated here.

Like "ATT Uverse has an unlimited download policy and runs on 250 G system."  This reported by a user that knew what was correct and could not believe he got that answer.  Then tried to teach her the correct answer and he felt she was NOT getting it. Smiley Surprised  Smiley Frustrated

Chris

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Why can't I get internet on desk top it has full signal from modem my cell phone will connect with same signal

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Bigman24  Might try using Google DNS in the desktop. Many devices find they can connect using Google DNS. It bypasses Uverse RG DNS.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Step by step instructions.

Good on Mac products. Good luck 😉

Chris

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have buffering only on my android mini that operates my T.V, how do I fix the biffering?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Re: Uverse - slow internet, lots of buffering.

My started last week and I try the check for slow internet and it said No service problems were found. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.