For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Souledge's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, February 24th, 2018 10:14 PM

Upload speeds

I recently switched over from Comcast to AT&T. With Comcast I was getting 50 to 60 megabytes per second download and 5 or 6 upload. Now if you guys I get 18 down which seems to be fine but the only get about .87 kbps on the upload. I've gone through most of the troubleshooting steps you guys have on your site. What I read was you need about 1 Megabyte per second to 3 megabytes per second for steady streaming on the upload. I do do a lot of bandwidth intense things on the internet so I was hoping you guys might be able to help me get the upload speed up some. Any help would be great thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

You're mixing MBPS (Megabytes per second) and Mbps (Megabits per second) as if they were interchangeable; they are not.  Streaming SD quality video normally takes about 1.5 Mbps per second.  I'm betting you're on an ADSL2+ line.  (1) what model of gateway do you have and, (2) visit the Broadband page on your gateway at http://192.168.1.254 and look for the block of statistics such as sync rate, attenuation, SNR, error counts, etc.  Take a screenshot and post that in a reply... let's see what your line is capable of.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The modem is a arris nvg589..can I not upload images from my phone? And I know one is bits and one is bytes lol..I used my voice texting And I assumed anyone replying would know I meant bytes LOL

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

I don't think the phone version of the web page Rich Text Editor has the picture control.  Maybe if you turned your phone sideways it would appear?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.