Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Upload speed getting slower.

Highlighted
Teacher

Upload speed getting slower.

Currently on the 18/1.5 Max Plus plan.

For the last year my download speed have been about 21-22 Mbps.

Download speeds last year.

My upload speeds used to be 1.55, then about 1-Oct-15 they dropped to 1.25.

They have dropped again to 0.85 Mbps (sometime in Dec.).

Upload speed last year.

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 11
Expert

Re: Upload speed getting slower.

@gerick   I'd try speedof.me and see what speed you get.  Not a big fan of DSLRepots latest speed test.  Haven't had any uploads going on when it started dropping?  Something like torrents, automatic cloud updates, etc. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 2 of 11
Teacher

160210002005-1037speedof.me

Speedof.me shows upload speed of 970 kbps. Still less than 1 Mbps.

No software running torrents or anything like that. MS One drive does sync when needed, but that doesn't run all the time.

The graph showing upload and download speed for the last year (1-Feb-15 thru 9-Feb-16) are showing daily averages from several servers tested 12 times a day (every 2 hours) (Samknows reporting).

Message 3 of 11
ACE - Expert

Take a look at your line sync rates on your Gateway.  Go to http://192.168.1.254/ , look for the Broadband tab, then root around until you find the table with the sync rates, attenuation, SNR and error counts.  Take a screenshot (mask your IP and MAC address, if you please, else the moderator may hide your screenshot) and post it in a reply so we can help you interpret.

It may be that your upstream sync rate is falling due to line quality issues.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11
Employee

If no issues with download, only upload I would agree time to check sync rates.

This sounds as if a bridge tap problem within 25 feet of gateway affecting the upload frequency.

In the UVrealtime graphs would have been a left hand check with dip in upload.

It is possible may have a port issue but this is not likely outside plant but inside house wiring problem.

All else, call and schedule a tech service call at 1-800-288-2020 for intermittent internet.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 11
Teacher

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 11
ACE - Expert

Sync rate looks fine, but if my thoughts is right about the bridge tap, I've seen those cause issues and not even show in the error counts. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 11
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by gerick
‎02-11-2016 3:25 PM

Doh! Smiley Embarassed

Found the problem and fixed it. I had QOS upload rules turned on my router and that was limiting bandwidth to 1 Mbps. Turned that off and am now getting speeds over 1.8 Mbps again.

160211232651-7522

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 11
Contributor

Please upload instructions on how you turned it off. 

Thanks!

Message 9 of 11
Tutor

Well, maybe whatever he did solved a problem for the OP, but the "solution" is kind of vague. What does QoS mean? What kind of router does he have? I'm getting upload of about 40-50 Kbps while my service plan says "up to 35". I think AT&T is throttling.

Message 10 of 11
Teacher

Quality of Service (QoS) is an advanced feature that prioritizes internet traffic for applications, online gaming, Ethernet LAN ports, or specified MAC addresses to minimize the impact of busy bandwidth. It would be a feature of whatever router that you are using. The OP has an user provided Netgear router behind the ATT router.

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support