Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Upgrading Speed from Internet 25

Highlighted
Contributor

Upgrading Speed from Internet 25

I currently have Internet 25 with a technician scheduled to come out and perform an upgrade as Internet 50 is available in my complex, just not at my address.

Can someone take a look at my stats and tell me if they think I'd be able to get higher speed by switching to 17a from 8d? or if I'll need a bonded pair installed? AT&T said the technician probably won't need me to be home, which I am hesitant to believe they'll be doing a bonded pair.

DSL Details

Modem Type Built in modem - ADSL/VDSL

DSL Line (Wire Pair) : Line 1 (inner pair)Type Down Up

User Rate34041 kbs7039 kbs
Max User Rate58439 kbs10548 kbs
Noise Margin17.8 dB10.3 dB
Attenuation17.0 dB16.1 dB
Output Power14.5 dBm-2.1 dBm
ProtocolG.993.2_8d 
ChannelInterleaved 
DSLAM Vendor InformationCountry {46336} Vendor {BDCM} Specific {45259 }
Rate Cap57121 kbs 
Attenuation @ 300kHz8.6 dB 
Required Impulse Noise Protection3 
VCXO Frequency Offset0.8 ppmOk
Excessive Impulse Noise0Ok
Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: Upgrading Speed from Internet 25

8d to 17a is work normally performed at the VRAD, generally a port swap from older card to newer.

However your already on a newer card (K or N) not an older F card which does not show upload on Max Rate and upload would be 6M or less not the 10M you have.

Therefore a change from 8d to 17a would not require a tech dispatch as this is just a provision (admin) change.

If a tech is actually being dispatched, I would suspect your being kept on protocol 8d, upgrading to bonded pair.

If your appointment is 2 hour time frame starting with an odd hour such as 9-11, 11-1, 1-3 expect the tech will need access to the residence, no access will return the job, no upgrade that day.

If your appointment time is over several hours such as 8-2 or 8-8, this would be a self install with tech doing outside work only as time allows, will not visit residence.

Note the above is based upon you having a dual band gateway such as 599, 5268, or 210-700.

If you do not have one of these three gateways, the tech will need access to swap the equipment unless your being shipped a replacement gateway for the upgrade.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thanks! My appointment time-frame is 8AM - 8PM... I know a 2nd pair is not hooked up in my on-premise telecom room, which AT&T doesn't have access to (I have the key - Condo complex).

Do you think my line stats are good enough that I could get the support to switch me to a 17a profile remotely without tech dispatched?

Message 3 of 4
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ericbelisle
‎10-08-2019 11:14 AM

Your current max is 58.4/10.5... internet 50/10 will be provisioned on either 55/12 or 60/13 for either single pair or bonded pair.

This means the max available should be min of 120% or provisioned profile or looking for 68/14 or better.

If this is not available to the gateway, you will experience issues if the gateway syncs at all....

A tech dispatch for tech release means any problems the tech can roll back the profile to original for internet 25/5..

I suspect if tier 2  had issue on in-house release would dispatch a tech leaving you out of service (OOS).

( doubt you can access tier 2 support as customer support is tier 1)

edit: tier 2 is Uverse premise techs (12 state regions) support tier normally reached via chat. (Wire tech  in the SE Bellsouth 9 states region)

As your listed as 8-8 means no one needs to be home, tech will not visit residence... may call to inform you the work is completed. If home may visit to perform an in residence inspection.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support