Need help with your equipment?
dre3k's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, June 13th, 2014 3:42 AM

Upgraded to 45MB POWER Package AND....

Upgraded to 45MB POWER Package around 6:30 or 7:00pm EST. While the lady told us it would only take 3 hours for it to upgrade. Its been about  4-5 hours now and i've been testing the speed from the ATT Speedtest site, And there has been no change in speed. I'm wondering when the upgrade will take place. How much longer will I have to wait for the upgrade to take into affect.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@dre3k@  wrote:

Upgraded to 45MB POWER Package around 6:30 or 7:00pm EST. While the lady told us it would only take 3 hours for it to upgrade. Its been about  4-5 hours now and i've been testing the speed from the ATT Speedtest site, And there has been no change in speed. I'm wondering when the upgrade will take place. How much longer will I have to wait for the upgrade to take into affect.

What was your current speed before upgrade?

Do you know if you have FTTP (fiber-to-the-premise), or pair bonding (using two pairs of wire for your service)?

Which modem/router/gateway do you have?

Do you know how far you are from the VRAD ( large cream colored box on curb)?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

did you reset your modem? you almost always have to reset the modem when theres a change in service

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Current Speed before was Uverse 18MB package

Not sure about the FTTP or Pair bonding

My Gateway is a 2wire 3801HGV

And the gateway is about max 50 feet from the BOX.

does this help?

And also as i said in my first post we upgraded yesterday at around 6:30-7:00pm EST and im still getting the same speed from the ATT Speed test site. Nothing has changed.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

No i havent reset the modem yet.. I will try that.. by resetting do you mean unplugging for 10 seconds and plugging back in or actually pressing down on that little reset button?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

So call back and schedule an app for a technician to come out to upgrade the line and tell them we want the new 589 RG Gateway/Modem? Is this what you are telling me?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

To kind of piggy back on this original post, I am having a very similar issue at the moment.

I had a tech out today to install Uverse TV, as I already had existing AT&T internet service.

I currently have the 18m internet. I called several months back and after several hours on the phone speaking with several different people, I was told that I could upgrade to the 45m internet, but I would have to go without service for a couple of weeks.

The jist I was able to get from the folks I spoke with was that the 45m was indeed available, but I needed an equipment swap of some sorts.

So fast forward to today. I had the tech out to get the ATT TV service going, and tried to get him to install everything for the 45m internet. He said it would be no problem and swapped out the modem with the RVG589 and everything seemed to be going smoothly.

When I tried to upgrade from the 18 to the 45, I was told we had to go ahead and do a service disconnect and reconnect, essentially deleting my old account and creating a new one. I have a tech coming out again next week to do that re-install.

The tech out here today said that I have fiber at my house and this should not be a big issue. He said that I dont have to worry about the pair bonds and single bonds since I had fiber.

My main concern is what all exactly would be needed for me to get the 45m internet? Im afraid the tech next week will have the same problem as we had today. It almost seems as though maybe there might be some more equipment on the outside of my house that needs to be changed? Im not sure.

This issue seems to be a very tough one for a lot of folks,

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Ok thanks.

Do I need to put in a request for another technician to come out to put in a GPON or just tell the TV / Internet technician when he comes out to the house next week?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.