Need help with your equipment?
Randomuser2018's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 25th, 2018 10:23 PM

Unlimited Wi-Fi usage?

When will AT&T have an unlimited amount of Wi-Fi without having to have directv? Currently you can only have 1tb which two xbox one's and multiple tv's use up halfway throughout the month. AT&T is the only provider with a limited amount of usage.

Mentor

• 

82 Messages

5 years ago

Do I need to call At&t to see about getting Unlimited data access to my internet and to my account? I had saw on there webpage that getting unlimited data there is no charge to me? 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

@PhillipStone0 wrote:

Do I need to call At&t to see about getting Unlimited data access to my internet and to my account? I had saw on there webpage that getting unlimited data there is no charge to me? 

Where did you see that there was no charge for unlimited? 

Current information:  Home Internet Plans

"....may purchase separately unlimited internet data allowance for $30/month., or maintain a TV/Internet on a combined bill to receive unlimited internet data at no charge."

Mentor

• 

82 Messages

5 years ago

Great! Thank you for the information I really appreciate it. 

Mentor

• 

82 Messages

5 years ago

Okay, but I already have At&t Direct Tv and there internet. I had read on there webpage that I can upgrade at any time and there would be no charge for any upgrades whatso ever becuase of the deal that I gotten from At&t. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

If you have DirecTV, you will automatically receive unlimited internet and it will be indicated on your bill like this:

Unlimited internet

Because you bundled Internet with TV, you receive an unlimited data allowance.

Mentor

• 

82 Messages

5 years ago

I had just looked at my AT&T billing and and the entire page of it and it doesn't say anywhere on it that I have unlimited internet? And the technician that had come to my house on the day of Direct Tv install and there internet on the same day. That there are data something or another that I have the basic internet package. That I can upgrade at anytime as to the router thats the basic router that I have. 

Mentor

• 

82 Messages

5 years ago

I'm not sure as to which area of that I had read that, but it was in the fine print of where I had read up on it? 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

If you have DirecTV, you will automatically receive unlimited internet and it will be indicated on your bill like this:

Unlimited internet

@skeeterintexas  It is not automatic. I have Directv and UVerse Internet so I qualify for unlimited without the extra charge but unless I call and ask for it or add it myself online, I don’t get it. Since I’ve never even come close to the 1TB limit, I’ve not bothered to add it.

@PhillipStone0 You need to add the unlimited option. As long as your internet and Directv have the same billing address, you should not get charged for unlimited.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Unlimited internet

@skeeterintexas  It is not automatic. I have Directv and UVerse Internet so I qualify for unlimited without the extra charge but unless I call and ask for it or add it myself online, I don’t get it. Since I’ve never even come close to the 1TB limit, I’ve not bothered to add it.

@PhillipStone0 You need to add the unlimited option. As long as your internet and Directv have the same billing address, you should not get charged for unlimited.

Mine was automatic.  I never had to call in and request anything.  Of course, I've had both TV and internet since day one.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Perhaps it’s automatic if bundled?  My services are not bundled. I had Directv long before switching to ATT internet.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.