Need help with your equipment?
schnappi's profile

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

Monday, November 18th, 2013 5:52 AM

UVerse webserver policy

What is the UVerse policy regarding webservers (allowed, not allowed, allowed until traffic becomes noticeable, ect.)?

Granted UVerser upstream will keep traffic down on any site but still interested in the answer nonetheless.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:

If looking at webserver, then you must be looking for Business Account

No, that's not what the TOS says.

The TOS says that residential service must be non-commercial.  It doesn't say you can't run a web server.

If the web server is a lightly-used server for personal purposes that isn't selling anything, then it meets the TOS for residential service.

I run a web server at my house (for non-commercial purposes, no sales) on a residential account and I've never had any issue.

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

I appreciate the link but would have preferred a more "friendly" answer.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:

Thanks Somejoe7777, I recognize that someone could do as your doing, no issues.
I have no idea what the OPs intend is and not going to blindly state you can run a webserver for any purpose but chose to simple post TOS for individual interpretation.

properly stated should have been does YOUR webserver meet or exceed

instead of "does A webserver meet or exceed

Thanks again, 

You did make a blanket statement "you must be looking for a commercial account" without qualifying it, and that's what SomeJoe7777 was challenging.  Lots of reasons to have a non-commercial web presence, and since personal web sites aren't available anymore, more may be looking at it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm trying to set up a webserver behind my att uverse router and even though I've opened up a hole in the firewall for port 80 the connections time out.  Is there anything else I need to do?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.