Helpful Links

U-verse router conflicts with bluray built in wi-fi.

Contributor

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: U-verse router conflicts with bluray built in wi-fi.

grj4 - You are not able to connect what make/model blue ray to your wi-fi??

If your STB is connected COAX. connect the blue ray to the network jack via cat5. Or, if close to the RG connect cat5.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Expert

grj4 wrote:

Can't two have different wi-fi signals in close proximity.  Either have to turn off Blue-Ray wi-fi or Uverse wifi.  Choose which one you want to use and turn off the other.

For the Blue-Ray unit consult the Blue-Ray info.

For the RG, go here:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

Then Choose Disabled and Save at the bottom, you will need the system password on the side of the RG. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Yes, that solves the problem.  Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

So, I missed that class. I am used to the devices connecting wi-fi to the internet vis the U-verse modem.

This is a blue-ray that has a wi-fi modem to generate its own network and connects to the U-verse RG via cat5??

People buy stand alone wi-fi due to deficiencies in the RG Wi-fi. what is the advantage of this blue-ray application?? Why does it not just connect to the RG wi-fi like all the others??
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support