Need help with your equipment?
camf3xu's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 4:22 AM

Closed

U-verse gateway authentication failure

I was cleaning up some wires and unplugged my modem and when it was plugged back in I'm getting a gateway authentication failure when trying to access the internet. My TV no longer works either. My power local internet and broadband lights are green, while service is lit up red (3800 hgv-b modem). I did go to my home portal site but couldn't find a run setup wizard button (saw it on a forum post). Not really sure what to do next, any response would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

­

Gateway Reset and Troubleshooting

If you have a Blinking or Solid Red Broadband light, resetting the modem and checking cables and connections is recommended:

1. Reset the Modem: Press and hold the reset button located on the rear of the modem for 20 seconds. This may get your services up and working. You can also log into the modem to reset it. Click here for more information on how to reset the modem. 

2. Check the Connections: they can loosen if bumped into. Sometimes cables are unplugged by mistake. Remove all surge protectors, battery units, and other equipment so that there is a direct connection. 

Also, please be wary of any change that may have occurred around the time service dropped like: adding new equipment, storms, power loss or something out of the ordinary.

Using the myAT&T app / Check for Outages

If you are having issues with your service, be sure to download the myAT&T app and go to the "Support" tab at the bottom and follow the self troubleshooting guides. The tool will begin testing your service and recommend some steps that you can take to restore your connection. 

You can also check to see if there is any trouble in your area. Fill out your address or sign in. If there is an issue, you can also put your information in to stay updated.

-ATTCare

3 Attachments

(edited)

Scholar

• 

178 Messages

10 years ago

First reset your router by pushing the pin hole with a paper clip for 30 secondes. Then log into the settings by using internet explorer at the top where a web address goes and type 192.168.1.254  Then configure your router once again.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

This is my first month with u verse and I have been down 3 times already. Can't get help until the next day.  Never thought I would say this but I can't wait to go back to xfinity.....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

if you're experiencing hard time with your connection then you might wanna try to know the root cause of that. If you can't troubleshoot it yourself then you can always call them in to fix it for you.

i've been with att and well there are some issues but it's tolerable.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I feel your pain. Been with them for two weeks and techs have been no-shows for two appts, 30 mins late for a third, and 5.5 hours late for a fourth. I've been without internet service for four days and have had the router and entire fiber run replaced, but am still getting the same gateway authentication error. Now they want to send another tech out here, but tomorrow is Sunday and Monday is a holiday so looks like no internet for a week. I used to think Xfinity had bad service, but AT&T is FAR worse.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

I've been with AT&T for three months now, been on the phone for hours with tech who don't speak english, don't have a clue what kind of uverse modem I have, I changed the default address to match my network rather than change all my devices, this apparently confuses them. I have to reboot my modem at least once a day. Today I have so far repowered it 17 times before 11 am and the junk still won't come up. They won't replace it because they say it test ok on their end.

I just thought COX was bad.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Internet not working

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I ordered new internet wifi service, I opted for self-install because of the $100 service fee, the guy came out 2 days before my equipment came in, made sure connections from pole to house were good and toned the jack we wanted to plug in the modem. Of course now I can't get it installed, it keeps giving me a gateway authentication failure message - I've reset everything thing time after time, unplugged and plugged back in, reset with the reset button and nothing works. Now when I call to try to talk to a tech, it tells me due to a high call volume I will have to call back at a later time and there is no option to even hold?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.