Explore & discover

Helpful Links

U-verse Parental Controls

Contributor

U-verse Parental Controls

I would like to set up parental controls for my Pace Plc 5031NV U-verse router, such as times of day available for various devices to be able to access Wi-Fi and maybe blocking some websites.  From various posts, it looks like ATT doesn't make parental controls available.  Do I need to purchase another router and plug it into the Ethernet port of the ATT router?  If so, how do I turn off the ATT router wi-fi signal so only the "safe" router is broadcasting?

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎04-04-2018 8:50 PM

Re: U-verse Parental Controls

Do I need to purchase another router and plug it into the Ethernet port of the ATT router?  If so, how do I turn off the ATT router wi-fi signal so only the "safe" router is broadcasting?

Yes you need a router with parental controls behind the att gateway.  I don't know what other config stuff (if any) you need to set to cascade your router behind the gateway but you will have to turn off the gateways wifi.  Access your gateway through your browser (192.168.1.254), navigate to the wifi section, and turn it off.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support