Explore & discover

Helpful Links

U-verse Internet goes out every afternoon

Contributor

U-verse Internet goes out every afternoon

Every afternoon my U-verse Internet goes out.

I check the broadband using the modem IP address and the line status shows up as down, training, analysis, and then it goes back to down. Eventually it will get to up. It will stay up for several hours until the next afternoon. The broadband and service lights usually go out for a split second and just continuously flash until this ends. This usually lasts for 2 - 3 hours every day.

I have the U-verse Internet Gateway: Motorola Model NVG510. I tried resetting and unplugging it. Every phone in my house has a filter.

This has been going on for about 2 weeks. Before then, I didn't have this problem.

My account number is 134803754.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by bvgw4985
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: U-verse Internet goes out every afternoon

Hi @bvgw4985,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your U-verse services, but I will be glad to help. If it consistently goes down at the same time, try to see if you can identify anything turning on or off at that time that may cause issues. It may not happen at that instant, but usually within a 5 minute period. Also, it could be something outside the house like a street lamp or a neighbor's street lamp. 

You can also try moving your gateway to a different electrical outlet. If it is going through a surge protector or battery unit, try directly connecting it to the electrical outlet.

Finally, I will send you a private message to further assist.

-David T

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: U-verse Internet goes out every afternoon

Did your issue get resolved?  I saw as apart of your message about a phone splitter being at every jack in your home.  If that is the case, a tech needs to condition (repair) the lines inside of your home and remove all those splitters.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support