Need help with your equipment?
Viper20184's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, October 1st, 2015 2:18 AM

U-verse Data Usage Cap and Billing

[Subject edited for better exposure]So earlier this week, we cancelled U Verse TV but were keeping internet and voice through the U-Verse program. They told me that if I upgraded to their 45MBps package, they would actually save me money (year contract). One thing they did not mention was something I saw on the order status details page:

"U-verse Internet price includes 250GB of data/mo., $10 for each additional 50GB, with a maximum monthly overage charge of $30. For more information, go to www.att.com/internet-usage"

I am pretty sure there have been times I have gone over the 250GB a month but we were never charged any extra fees. Is this something new? Im considering cancelling this order but want to see if anyone else who is on this plan is actually charged for going over. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Viper20184

Some new information on this topic was made available recently. AT&T is offering more data options now and you can get the latest updates and offer details by using these links:

AT&T Data Usage Basics

Broadband Usage FAQ

More Data, More Choices (AT&T Consumer Blog)

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

8 years ago

The 250 GB data cap was added to the terms of service several years ago.  However, it has not been enforced since that announcement.  They've not provided anyway for you to measure usage and have specifically stated not to be concerned about it until there was a usage meter.

The ToS also state you can't actually be billed until a billing cycle following getting warned, so even if they decided to start enforcing it today, it would be a month or more before you'd need to worry about it.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Ok, that makes sense.. and good to know. Thank you! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.