Need help with your equipment?
zcworx's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 17th, 2014 8:19 PM

U-Verse data caps

Does AT&T have a data cap for uverse and if so is it enforced?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hello everyone,

Some new information on this topic was made available recently. AT&T is offering more data options now and you can get the latest updates and offer details by using these links:

AT&T Data Usage Basics

Broadband Usage FAQ

More Data, More Choices (AT&T Consumer Blog)

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

9 years ago

@skeeterintexas@  wrote:

@zcworx@  wrote:

No and no.

Technically that should be:  Yes and no.

AT&T does have data caps for their wireline services. 150GB/month for DSL Internet, 250GB/month for U-verse Internet up to 45Mbps, and I believe 1TB/month for U-verse Giga-power.

Currently, they are only inflicting enforcing them on DSL Internet customers.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@zcworx wrote:

No and no.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I guess I should state that I am talking about internet usage specifically. This is a link directly off of AT&T's website talking about  - http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409045&cv=812&_requestid=2574882#fbid=iMFCODdW5Gz. Does anyone have any experience with going over this 250GB figure.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

There definitely is as there is with every isp.

Residential AT&T High Speed Internet service includes 150 gigabytes (GB) of data each billing period, and most residential AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet service (up to 45 Mbps) includes 250 Gigabytes (GB) of data each billing period. For U-verse with AT&T GigaPower Internet services, where available, "AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet 100" includes 500 gigabytes (GB) of data each billing period, "AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet 300" includes 1 terabyte (TB) of data each billing period, and "AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet 1 Gbps" includes 1 terabyte (TB) of data each billing period. The data you send and receive each month contributes to your monthly data plan.

And it is enforced. Violations are recorded and eventually will lead to permanently suspended service.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@justthefact wrote:

There definitely is as there is with every isp.

Residential AT&T High Speed Internet service includes 150 gigabytes (GB) of data each billing period, and most residential AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet service (up to 45 Mbps) includes 250 Gigabytes (GB) of data each billing period. For U-verse with AT&T GigaPower Internet services, where available, "AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet 100" includes 500 gigabytes (GB) of data each billing period, "AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet 300" includes 1 terabyte (TB) of data each billing period, and "AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet 1 Gbps" includes 1 terabyte (TB) of data each billing period. The data you send and receive each month contributes to your monthly data plan.

And it is enforced. Violations are recorded and eventually will lead to permanently suspended service.

If they are enforcing the data caps, can you provide us with a link so that we can check our usage?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

9 years ago

@justthefact wrote:

Please back up your assertion with data.

Scholar

• 

345 Messages

9 years ago

They have a policy on this but I cannot seem to find the linik again. Basically they may or may not have a cap in place for a particular subscriber. In my case there is not one.

They have a link within your account info that may contain usage data. However mine is not implimented as of yet.

Further they state that when implimented, they will notify you when you are nearing the cap. If you go over the cap they will charge you $10 for each additional 50GB.

I am trying to find out more about this since I just saw it buried in an upgrade offer. It looked to me like upgrading your speed might allow them to change the contract terms. Seemed sort of nasty if you ask me.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@lrdiver Uverse branded services have a 250G limit, but is not and has not been enforced ever. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.