Need help with your equipment?
A72CUTLAS's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Tuesday, February 4th, 2014 1:06 AM

Speed has drasticly fallen...

I have had U-Verse Max+ since about 6 months ago and was getting 11Mb down and 1Mb up consistently. I logged on 4 days ago and found the downloads to very slow.  Speedtest.net is showing only 5Mb down and .5 up. My pc is connected to the router through a powerline as the gateway is downstairs, though I don'r see that being the problem since that is how the tech's installed it.  I'd appreciate any help offered.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Not sure what that was but it's not me. Robot Embarassed

I've been keeping tabs on my speeds and they've still been 7-9 down and 2 down but today signed on and they tested at 12.4! I'm gonna keep a watch on it but I think maybe whatever happened has been fixed.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

My suggestion would be to go into your RGs control panel via 192.168.1.254
Get the Device Access Code/System Password from the side of the RG, it is NOT the same as the wireless network key. Then goto your wireless network configuration page. Find the wireless channel and make sure it's NOT on AUTO. If it is, lock it into a channel besides 1, 6, or 11. I usually use 9. I'd be willing to bet money it will at least make it better. It won't always fix it, but that auto channel feature is garbage and they should remove it from the gateways.  I've helped countless customers with this issue as a Uverse Phone Tech. I've found that most people with iPads or other Apple devices will notice the issue the fastest. I don't know why but it seems to effect them worse. There is probably an 80% chance this will fix your wifi issues!  If the issue is over ethernet then this will not help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same trouble.  I am paying for 12Mbps and the most recent test shows my speed at 2.65 Mbps... This is extremely frustrating!  

I experienced proper speeds my first 6 months or so, then what do you know... it faded away.  

AT&T owes it to it's customers to provide the speed and performance that is advertised AND paid for by it's customers. 

I wanted to chat with customer support but there aren't any available at 10:10 pm EST.  Really?  

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Read the message RIGHT above this one, do it, and then get back with us. Sorry for your troubles.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@MrBooMY, you've been making the suggstion to use channel 9.  Why?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.