Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Settings for Pace 5268AC Gateway and connected Router

Highlighted
Tutor

Settings for Pace 5268AC Gateway and connected Router

Hi,

I just recently had Uverse Internet installed in my home.  While I am very happy with the performance when I am directly connected, there is a severe performance drop off in connection stability and speed elsewhere in the home.

I turned the Gateway's WiFi off and directly connected an ASUS RT-66R Wireless Router to one of the Gateway's ports.  Using the ASUS WiFi, performance is great with very little drop off in speed.

The Gateway IP is 192.168.1.254 and the ASUS router setup forced me to use 192.168.2.1.

Are there any settings on either device that I should also worry about?

Also, there is a small AT&T provided WAP to support a wireless TV set top box.  I assume that should still work.  I haven't been able to test that as I have an painter inteh house and the TV is disconnected.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by MarcG
‎01-03-2016 12:07 PM

Re: Settings for Pace 5268AC Gateway and connected Router

Be sure to connect that IPTV WAP directly to the 5268AC and not to your ASUS Router (unless you're going to spend some time setting it up to pass IPTV properly, and there's really no point in doing so... just connect it to the 5268AC).

You should turn on DMZplus mode in the 5268AC for your ASUS router.  That will prevent double NAT and simplify the routing process for your traffic.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Settings for Pace 5268AC Gateway and connected Router

Thanks.  Everything seems to be working well.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support