For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Etcorley's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 13th, 2018 7:39 PM

Seriously! No parental controls for U-verse internet?

Is it really true that ATT U-verse gateway doesn't have the ability to limit access to web content/limit time, etc.??? In this day and age, surely that's not the case. Supposed to have it installed tomorrow but am re-thinking that decision if this is true. I'm shocked! HELP

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

If you want parental controls (not everybody does) then buy a router that fulfills your goals and cascade it behind the gateway.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

If only I knew what “cascade” behind the gateway meant. I bought a wireless modem but not sure how to install it on the gateway. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Google search is your friend.  Best bet is to search within these forums first and then expand out.  While you can use the search in the search box at the top of this page I prefer to use google.  Just add the phrase site:forums.att.com  to the google search to limit searches to just these forums.  For example look for things like "connecting modem behind gateway".  Unfortunately some of the details vary from gateway to gateway.  So you should post which gateway model you are using and which router you bought.  Perhaps someone whose done it for those models will reply in this thread.  I can't help you with this since I am not a router expert and have had no need to place the gateway in pass through for another router behind it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Can't tell you how many posts I have seen requesting this  and Comcast has had it (built-in! NOT a klugey work-around) for over  a year now.  Half the replies I see say "Not everyone want this so if you do, go buy and set-up/daisy-chain a different  router", but AT&T needs to realize that, although it's not their WHOLE customer base, it's a significant portion that is interested in this and they want a cookie-cutter all-in-one solution, not another project to work through, especially for those  that are not technically savvy.  AT&T, please prioritize this feature or  risk  losing customers... this  functionality is VERY important to those of us that want it...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Just something else that spectrum has that att doesn't have. How did they become #1 in customer satisfaction? 🤔

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Im paying for a service and having to sacrifice to pay for the service but its incomplete. Sounds like a rip off.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Sorry AT&T that’s not a solution it’s a punt right back to your customer base.   Keep up w the competition and the real challlenges to survive in this market.   Do we really need to buy, connect, configure and maintain another device ? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.