Need help with your equipment?
secwarren's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 7:57 PM

Samsung Smart TV cannot connect to Uverse wifi

My Samsung smart TV is unable to connect to my Uverse wifi, my father is having the same problem at his home. Just started in the last week. Any suggestions? The TV can see the wifi signal but cannot connect.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I just spent over an hour on the phone with both ATT and Samsung.  Finally got a solution that worked for me.

In the tv's Network settings, manually change the DNS number to 208.67.222.222

Worked for both my Samsung smart tv and bluray player!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thank you thank you thank you for spending that time to figure that out! I have spent most of my afternoon trying to figure this out! That finally worked! Awesome! 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This just happened to me. I joined the forum to say thanks for your post. Changing my dns server address helped.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thanks a lot. This solution worked for me too. Last night our Smart tv was fine and this morning I can still watch from Uverse TV but not if I go to Netflix using my smartv  it would tell me not connected to internet.

All day,  I tried all the "solutions" I read in various forums but nothing worked.  Finally I came upon this post which involved changing DNS to 208.67.222.222. So, thanks again, "feelthepower."

@feelthepower wrote:

I just spent over an hour on the phone with both ATT and Samsung.  Finally got a solution that worked for me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

@jaydad wrote:

Thanks a lot. This solution worked for me too. Last night our Smart tv was fine and this morning I can still watch from Uverse TV but not if I go to Netflix using my smartv  it would tell me not connected to internet.

All day,  I tried all the "solutions" I read in various forums but nothing worked.  Finally I came upon this post which involved changing DNS to 208.67.222.222. So, thanks again, "feelthepower."

@feelthepower wrote:

Great!  This was my first time ever posting in a forum of any kind.  But I was just so happy to find a solution that worked, so I wanted to share!  Glad it worked for you too!

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

Nice!!!! It worked 

#winning 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thank you so much! This worked for me today, 6/4/15

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thanks so much.  I've been frustrated with this for several weeks and the DNS you posted worked like charm.  Much appreciated!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Mine just quit working tonight again.  The 8.8.8.8 or the 208 number are not working.

Anyone else having troubles?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Just tried both IP nothing. Worked fine yesterday
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.